Terms and conditions
Standard Conditions of Business - Silver Bullet Publishing
Media Purchasing and Leasing
1. These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publications. Any other proposed condition shall be void unless incorporated clearly in written instruction and specifically accepted by the Publisher.
2. All advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher's approval of the copy and to the space being available.
3. The Publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time for good reason, in which case no claim on the part of any Advertiser for damage or breach of contract shall arise.
4. If the Publisher considers it necessary to modify the space or alter the date or position of insertion or make any other alteration, the Advertiser will have the right to cancel if the alterations requested are unacceptable, unless such changes are due to an emergency or circumstances beyond the Publisher's control. Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions.
5. The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any other way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party's rights or an infringement of the British code of Advertising Practice. Country of origin (other than the United Kingdom) of goods advertised must be shown in advertisements if so required by statute or statutory or other regulations.
6. The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the Publisher arising from the advertisement. The Publisher will consult with the Advertiser as to the way in which such claims are to be handled.
7. Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds the Publisher only in respect of the next issue to go to press. In the event of a rate increase, the Advertiser will have the option to cancel the order without surcharge or continue the order at the revised advertisement rates.
8. If an Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract he relinquishes any right to that series discount to which he was previously entitled and advertisements will be paid for at rate card.
9. Accounts are due for settlement within 30 days of publication of the advertisement. In the event of any account becoming overdue, the Publisher reserves the right both to suspend insertions due under the order until such time as the sum owing is paid and to reduce any commission otherwise allowed to Advertising Agencies.
10. Advertisement copy should he supplied by the Advertiser or his Agent in accordance with the mechanical data published on the rate card. Charges will be made to the Advertiser or his Agent where the printers are involved in extra production work owing to acts or defaults of the Advertiser or his Agent. These charges will be at the rate agreed prior to publication.
11. The Advertiser may only cancel orders by giving not less than 6 weeks written notice to the Publisher prior to the Start Date. Unless the notice is correctly served and received pursuant to this clause, the Advertiser will be liable to make payment in full respect of the Advertisement.
12. If copy instructions are not received by agreed Copy Date no guarantee can be given that proofs will be supplied nor corrections made and the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy, or insert a house advertisement for which the Advertiser will be invoiced.
13. Total amount payable, by the Advertiser, within the 30-day period, will be written in the Gross Payment section of the order form, accompanying this document. Series bulk discount purchases must be paid in one payment, 30 days after invoice, unless otherwise stated.
14. In the case of the Advertiser failure to make complete payment within 30 Days of the invoice date occurred, cumulative monthly interest, at a rate of 10% per month from the invoice date, will be added to the gross amount. If at any time legal fees and costs are incurred as a result in obtaining payment from the Advertiser, those costs will be charged back to the Advertiser.
15. Advertisers' property, artwork, etc, are held at Owner's risk and should be insured by them against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork, which has been in his custody for twelve months from the date of its last appearance.
16. These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
17. All prices are subject to change without prior notice. However, we endeavour to regularly update all publicly available sources of price information to ensure that you have accurate information available to you when you order.
The description and price of goods will be confirmed in our despatch note and/or invoice.
18. Payment of all monies must be paid in advance of the advertising being place on the web. As soon as payment has been verified, advertising will be launched on the web.
19. Will refund in full or part the value paid for any product or service purchased from the Publisher, if the Publisher fails to deliver the product or service as agreed.
Exception to refund: If by reason of labour dispute, strikes, inability to obtain labour or materials, fire or other action of the elements, accidents, power or telecommunications failure, customs delays, governmental restrictions or appropriation or other causes beyond the control of a party, such the Publisher is unable to perform in whole or in part its obligations set forth in these terms, then the Publisher shall be relieved of those obligations to the extent it is thereby unable to perform, and such inability to perform shall not make the Publisher liable to any other party.
Magazine, Books and periodicals
20.i Payment policy
Our invoices are due for payment 30 days from their date. We reserve the right to charge for costs and expenses incurred in recovering late payments, and to charge interest on overdue amounts at the rate in force pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as at the due date.
Products are delivered using Royal Mail Press Stream postage, unless otherwise stated. We aim to despatch the next publishing issue after receipt of your order. We cannot guarantee the availability of any Product and some Products may therefore take longer to despatch.
B2B Marketing ships globally. However, countries outside the United Kingdom are subject to an international shipping fee. The cost to ship the magazine to Europe is £35 and for the rest of the world it is £55.
20.iii General Refund
We will refund the price that you paid for any Product, which is unsuitable for your needs if it is returned to us in its original condition within 28 days from the date of invoice, and that Silver Bullet Publishing Ltd is contacted within 14 days of invoice date, in writing. The refund will be made to you on our receipt of the Product in its original condition. The product should be returned to Silver Bullet Publishing's headquarters. London address to be found on b2bm.base01.co.uk then ‘contact us'.
If the Product is returned because we sent it to you in error or because it is faulty, we will also refund any delivery charge, which you have paid to us, and any reasonable delivery cost incurred by you in returning the Product to us. In any other situation you will be responsible for the delivery costs of returning the Product to us.
20.iv Subscription renewal
Magazine and membership subscriptions last 12 months from invoice date. As part of the subscription service, you will be automatically renewed for a following 12 months from your end date. You may cancel your renewal at any point throughout your annual subscription. You may also cancel your renewal within 30 days of your renewal invoice date, at no cost. To cancel you can either email email@example.com or write to Subscription Services to our business address.
You shall be contacted, via either post, email or phone to inform you of your renewal. If after 30 days of your renewal date you have not cancelled, you will automatically be fully renewed and we shall await payment.
Events: Workshops, Seminars, Conference and Awards
21.i Payment Policy
Payment is required before the date of the event. Late payment will result in a ‘late payment administration charge'. The fee is listed with each event description, though is always subject to VAT for UK companies. Multiple payment methods are acceptable.
21.ii Registration Cancellation
Cancellations must be in writing and received 14 days before the event date. No credits will be made on cancellations within 14 days of the event.
In the case of the annual B2B Marketing Awards, tickets purchased are non-refundable.
21.iii Attendee Substitutions:
Attendee substitutions can only be made prior to the start of a seminar.
22. Dependence on our Products
The contents of any of our Products do not constitute advice and should not be relied on in taking, or refraining from taking, any decision or action.
23. Data Protection
We may use personal information which we hold about you to provide our products and services to you, for credit control and market research purposes and to inform you about our products and services, legal developments and training sessions or events which we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive information from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org You have the right, by written request and on payment of a small fee, to a copy of any personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998), which we hold about you.
24. Cancelling Subscription Services
Any subscriptions to the magazine are deemed to start from receipt of your completed order or registration form. Any cancellation by you must be in writing and a full refund will be give only if this is received within 14 working days of the invoice date. No refund shall be given if you cancel a service part way through a subscription year.
25. Any changes
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions.
26. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Contracts for the supply of Products between us will be concluded in the English language, shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Publisher - Silver Bullet Publishing.
The Advertiser - Company placing the advertisement.
The Subscriber - Individual or company that orders an annual subscription product
Advertising Agency/Agent - Company or person instructed to act on behalf of the advertiser
Series booking - Two or more adverts booked in advance, in one order
Advertisement - Including display, classified, inserts, directories, banners, mini-sites, button Advertisements and any other announcement designed to publicly promote activities.
Start Date - Agreed date from which the first advertisement will be placed.
Copy Date - Agreed deadline to supply advertising materials by.