B2B storytelling training
The biggest hurdle we B2B marketers often face is convincing ourselves we have a story worth telling. Yet, behind every brand, product and idea is a story.
We simply need to apply the right methodology to find it, and then tell that story in a way that matters to our target audience.
Effective storytelling helps trigger the part of our brain which makes ‘gut’ reactions, the limbic brain. It is an emotional decision-making tool, which pre-dates language. It is here that we decide what we like, love and will spend money on before our logical mind splutters into action. If you start with hard facts rather than emotion, you are already set to fail.
What you will learn
- Transform your basic stories into inspiring and engaging ones
- Develop the best story you can with the resources you have in house, or identify when you need to bring in an expert writer
- Profile your audience to match the customer niche with the right content
- Build a framework for your story depending on the emotional outcome you want to trigger (sense of achievement, ambition, stress, admiration…)
- Write powerful headlines
- Adapt your broadcast approach depending on different media channels.
Toolkits and key takeaways
This course will equip delegates with a clear, logical approach to story writing, which can be replicated time and again. This is not a creative writing course; it provides a framework on which you can hang your words to make them more engaging.
- Find stories worth telling
- Write relatable stories people want to share
- Target the right audience
- Structure your story for maximum impact
- Create compelling headlines
Ideally suited for people new to business storytelling or who have experience but are yet to find the perfect framework to structure their content.
Getting certified for the time you dedicate to upskilling yourself and boosting your knowledge.
All of our courses come with a certification of attendance and can be added to your LinkedIn profile and CV.
“Fabulous! Clearly defined agenda with tonnes of relevant examples. The trainer was excellent at helping put all the examples in context for each of the delegates to see how the info is relevant across all B2B markets”
Marketing Manager - Innospec
“I absolutely recommend this course; I think other members of my department would benefit from this course too”
Copywriter - Clear Channel
"Very inspiring and productive, worth the time and money"
Marketing Manager - Ricoh
"Really enjoyed it, lots of good ideas and examples"
PR Manager – Axelos
"I thought it was very good and offered a lot of tools and techniques for improving storytelling in a B2B environment”
Senior Marketer - Thompson Reuters
Storytelling Best Practice Guide: Unlock your storytelling potential
Storytelling is sometimes neglected in B2B marketing, but it shouldn't be – it can be a highly effective tool. This guide contains everything you need to start telling compelling stories to engage your audience like never before.
Blog: The 3 most common B2B storytelling frustrations – and how to overcome them
Joshua Morse identifies the three most frequent hurdles to storytelling in B2B marketing, and explains how to get over them to unlock the power of telling stories
B2B copywriting training
Content marketing course
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm