Numbers speak louder than words
ROI is king, after all
All B2B marketers know that without metrics upon which to measure your performance, it’s very difficult to navigate marketing into a truly successful position. You need to know which define success, which diagnose failures and which aren’t worth chasing.
However, as a Leader, your own metrics aren’t enough. Phil Jones, UK MD of Brother, said that a key hygiene factor for earning the trust and respect of it C-suite members in other departments is to “be on the wider numbers”, and to have an intimate knowledge of the overall company performance. So you need to understand their position these, and therefore the wider context of your departmental metrics within the business.
Let’s get together and talk about how we become masters of the numbers so that they don’t take over your marketing department!
In this roundtable, we’ll discuss:
- How you see the sphere of marketing metrics and ROI changing in the coming years
- How to implement metrics into the development of your marketing structure
- How to discuss your metrics in a way that resonates with non-marketers
- How to discover the key metrics of the wider business and what they mean to you
- How to collaborate with other departments to create meaningful metrics for the whole business