Sales and marketing alignment training
Why sales and marketing alignment is so critical
What you’ll learn on this two-day account-based marketing training course:
- Are you ready? Learn how to assess your account-based marketing and sales maturity so you can create an actionable workable plan.
- How to create your own sales and marketing lead dictionary so everyone is speaking the same language and collaboration is turbocharged.
- Learn how to identify the right target accounts to maximise success by working together.
- Deep insights matter: Find out how to unlock the insights that only sales have and understand how to apply them in your marketing campaigns. Use outstanding marketing intent, personae and behavioural data to get sales onboard and excited to close opportunities created by your campaigns
You’ll also learn:
- Culture kills! Understand how your company culture can support or kill an ABM programme. Benchmark your business against the best and the worst and learn what best practice really means.
- The importance of internal marketing to all your stakeholders, not just sales.
- Whose customer is it anyway? How to select the right accounts for ABM, whether existing, or new.
- What kind of content and resources are the sales team looking for, have they got the best sales enablement tools? How do they use them? But how do you know if this is the same as what the customer needs or wants?
- What technology do you have to support ABM? Is it fit for purpose and what are the data processes needed for ABM? Learn what kind of platforms can be utilised, and how to utilise the martech you already have such as CRM and marketing automation to help embed customer alignment.
- How to get feedback and refine your account-based marketing programme using advanced insights.
- What are your peers doing? - learn from real-world examples, and award-winning ABM case studies.
Toolkits and key takeaways
"Great trainer, detailed expertise, extremely valuable."
"Great, lots of good examples and lots of content."
Head of marketing, Blippar
"Good use of time. Shane is an excellent trainer."
Marketing director, Cisco
"Very interesting and hugely useful, I'm going to put the learning into action right away."
Assocate director, Weber Shandwick
"Very good course! In fact some new hires will be sent as compulsory."
Commercial strategy manager, Pulse & Transmission
"Really interesting, lots to think about- really worthwhile."
Marketing manager, OSISOFT
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, May 6, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Shane is an independent consultant with over 30 years' international B2B direct & digital marketing experience. Shane provides strategic consultancy and practical training to both end users and DM suppliers; clients include Lexis Nexis, ITV plc, Telefonica, Sika Services AG and the IDM. Specialising in data, databases and analysis, Shane enjoys helping large and small businesses use integrated marketing to significantly improve the bottom line. Increasingly, Shane’s time is spent on advising large business transformation projects such as MA and customer experience.
In addition to her consultancy business, Shane also holds a number of non-executive directorships and board advisory roles including Livingstone Partners, SharkGate, and Consumer Intelligence.
Shane has an honorary fellowship at the Institute of Direct Marketing and was awarded Educator of the Year in 2015. She also lectures worldwide on topics including CRM, lead generation, and B2B analysis; as well as international marketing. She is the past chair of the IDM's B2B council, industry roles have included vice chair of FEDMA, UK DMA board director, and sales and marketing director of Mardev (a Reed Elsevier company).