An infographic from email certification and reputation monitoring company, Return Path has revealed that mobile devices will be the predominant platform for email consumption by the end of 2012.
The data from the infographic revealed that email readership on mobile accounts for nearly 30 per cent of all opens.
Other key findings include:
- Email opens on mobile devices grew 82.4 per cent year-on-year.
- Eighty-five per cent of all mobile email opens are opened on Apple devices.
- Email readership on the iPad has increased 53.6 per cent year-on-year.
- Outlook accounts for 68 per cent of all desktop opens.
- Yahoo Mail! has the most webmail readership at 37 per cent, Hotmail has 29 per cent and Gmail accounts for 6 per cent.
Matt Blumberg, CEO at Return Path, commented, “The future of computing is mobile. Our data clearly shows the trend for email consumption: more and more people are using smartphones and tablets and moving away from PCs and desktop.”