Ellisons, the UK’s leading supplier to the hair and beauty industry wanted to increase online revenue by 50 per cent and nurture customer engagement.
The Crocodile defined a social media strategy as a low-cost way to engage with a large number of businesses, to drive long-term buyer behaviour change. The agency was appointed to create and deliver a piece of transformational work that would embed social media into Ellisons’ marketing and communications.
Key highlights are:
- Creation and empowerment of a social steering committee
- Use of two key channels to appeal to small business audience: Facebook and Twitter
- Programme of offers exclusive to Facebook and Twitter followers
- Content strategy designed to appeal to SME audience and drive website traffic and transactions, and encourage genuine dialogue
- Use of social channels for customer service and product testing
Key results exceeded all expectations:
- 71 per cent increase in the value of online orders
- 44 per cent increase in the number of businesses ordering online
- Incremental ROI of 1534 per cent
- 36 per cent increase in website traffic
- Facebook now 3rd biggest referrer to www.ellisons.co.uk