Find out how Bizzabo solved monumental problems for event marketers and scored vendor of the year.
The global pandemic threatened to be the death knell for the single most effective marketing channel for achieving business outcomes: live events. Only human ingenuity combined with the most inventive marketing technology solution could salvage the billions in revenue at stake. Bizzabo became the first in-person event software provider to also offer a fully embedded virtual solution when it updated its Event Success Platform in March. By the end of June the company was rewarded with its strongest quarter ever. Further, Bizzabo assumed an industry leadership role, offering free counsel to event marketers struggling to adapt, by convening thought leaders at its own virtual conferences, podcast series, webinars, blogs, research studies, and media commentary. Bizzabo won two Event Technology Awards and was named a G2 Leader for Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Winter 2021. Its remarkable year culminated in a $138 million series E round of funding.
About the vendor
Founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, Bizzabo has more than 150 employees in its New York and Tel-Aviv offices. Bizzabo’s all-in-one event success platform enables in-person, virtual and hybrid events to deliver unique attendee experiences through intelligent and intent-based personalized engagement. It helps companies measure, manage and scale events towards key business outcomes, empowering every organiser, marketer, exhibitor, and attendee to unleash the power of professional events. Since launching in 2012, Bizzabo has enabled thousands of events globally to run seamlessly with a growing number of enterprise and mid-market organisations.
Bizzabo’s roadmap aligns to emerging market needs, aggressively responding to 2020’s fundamental shift in the event software industry necessitated by the pandemic, laser focused on helping companies deliver impactful events by optimising their return on events and elevating experiences whether the event is in-person, virtual, or hybrid.
Bizzabo helps companies solve an array of key problems to drive measurable business outcomes, including:
- Event excellence to deliver the highest quality experiences while scaling event marketing
- Driving operational efficiency
- Flexible and hybrid ready solution
- High compliance standards for privacy and security
- Proving ROE (return-on-events) with integrations to MAP and CRMs
- Personalise attendee experiences
- Optimised registration and ticketing management
- Better sentiment tracking using the registration tool
- Bizzabo surfaces valuable event insights from every stage of the attendee journey
- Seamlessly branded experience across web, mobile, and onsite
- Well organised agenda builder
- Ticket Boost turns attendees into brand ambassadors
- Added in 2020: Virtual Experience Solution, Speakers Management and Partners Management Solutions
Bizzabo’s customers are major independent event services companies as well as medium-large B2Bs in technology, IT, media, finance, and non-profit sectors including leading enterprise brands. Bizzabo is focused on selling to medium to large companies that utilise events as part of their core business strategy. CMOs, VPs and other senior Event Marketing Directors represent most of the decision makers who purchase Bizzabo’s software. Event Marketing Directors and their teams are the primary users of Bizzabo. The decision makers work closely with team members to understand how successful their individual events or entire events strategies were, measure the impact of events, and connect them to business outcomes.
- 110% net retention rate/18 months.
- Named a Leader for Spring 2020, Fall 2020, and Winter 2021 on G2 Reviews site: 4 ½ Star rating.
G2 Customer Satisfaction Ratings: When stacked up against legacy and virtual solutions, Bizzabo ranked highest for:
- Fastest time-to-value
- Best customer experience
- Enterprise readiness
- Future-proof event platform
Why clients say they chose Bizzabo:
- Holistic end-to-end solution for live, virtual events with hybrid readiness
- Platform approach with flexible API that seamlessly integrates to key systems
- Best in class UI/UX and overall ease of use
- A complete set of professional services from planning to flawless execution
- Clear, fair & transparent pricing
- Rapid time to value allowing teams to execute mega events in weeks
- Reputation of the company
- Customer-centric company that partners closely with customers
- Named a G2 Leader for Spring 2020, a Leader for Fall 2020, and a Leader for Winter 2021
- Won two 2020 Event Technology Awards: Best Conference Technology and the People’s Choice Award.
- Bizzabo has consistently won Event Technology Awards for the past 5 years.
In March 2020, Bizzabo became the first in-person event software provider to also offer a fully embedded virtual solution when it updated its Event Success Platform, adding its fully embedded Virtual Experience Solution to ensure a streamlined experience for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events, saving time, accelerating event operations, and empowering marketers to iterate on their program while proving the impact of virtual event strategies.
- Bizzabo took a 1+1=3 philosophy, the offering designed with a holistic mindset for In-Person/Virtual/Hybrid, instead of patching an In-Person offering and a virtual offering together.
- Bizzabo provides the essential elements needed to power the entire events journey to create rewarding and impactful Hybrid experiences.
- 2500+ best in class integrations to key business systems, and the ability to build custom integrations using the open API.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure enables agile scalability of business logic components, cloud infrastructure components, data domains, and attendee content.
- Bizzabo produced two conferences called (Almost) IN-PERSON and (Almost) HYBRID, drawing 6,000+ registrants and 3,000+ attendees, convening event professionals from companies like IBM, Burning Man Project, SAP, and Twitter.
- Bizzabo produced webinars to offer further insights into the evolving ecosystem. Bizzabo produces major industry research for its monthly readership of 200,000+ marketing and event professionals, including the 2020 Evolution of Events Report.
- Executive thought leaders regularly contribute expert commentary in publications like Forbes, AdWeek, and Bloomberg; speaking at industry conferences like Hubspot INBOUND.
- Podcast series IN-PERSON welcomed event professionals from Qualtrics, Salesforce, and Twitter.
Bizzabo’s success in creating a solution to a monumental events industry problem culminated in its $138 million series E round of funding.
- Total events powered by Bizzabo in 2020 increased by 81% and attendees up 508%.
“The biggest differentiator was that [Bizzabo] had more end-to-end flow – from registration to website development to day of attendee management and interactive features, all the way into reporting – all seamlessly integrated… I just know that we could not have pulled it off without having that end-to-end. Being able to handle all of the registration, confirmation, and calendar functionality, having all of that be automated was a massive resource savings for us.”
Scott Brown, VP Marketing, Sapphire Ventures