Close this search box.


Software companies Cloudera and Hortonworks merge

Cloudera and Hortonworks have merged to accelerate their growth and create an industry standard for hybrid cloud data management.

The combined equity value of the two data tech companies now stands at $5.2 billion. Cloudera stockholders will own around 60% of the equity while Hortonworks stockholders will own the other 40%.

Tom Reilly, CEO at Cloudera, said the merger would create value for stockholders and create a broader offering for customers.

“Our businesses are highly complementary and strategic,” Reilly said. “By bringing together Hortonworks’ investments in end-to-end

data management

with Cloudera’s investments in data warehousing and

machine learning

, we will deliver the industry’s first enterprise data cloud from the edge to AI. The vision will enable our companies to advance our shared commitment to customer success in their pursuit of

digital transformation


The rise, fall and rise of martech

Download the full report now to learn:

• How to plan for the future of your martech.
• How to enable creative and emotionally-rooted experiences.
• The role of agencies in this new world.
• How to be ready for what’s next in martech.
• 12 things that you need to do to achieve excellence in B2B martech.

Discover the success factors now

Related Articles

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on your website. Read more about cookies policy.