B2B copywriting training
Copywriting, designed specifically for B2B marketers
The ability to write with impact – and to give objective feedback on written content – is a key skill for B2B marketers at all levels.
Where most effective B2B content formats are text-based, better writing means better results. And this course will give you confidence and skills – with B2B-specific examples – to take your writing to a new level.
In this practical workshop, leading B2B copywriter David McGuire will share a clear, structured approach to writing and reviewing professional B2B marketing copy – creating content that delivers on your objectives.
David is creative director at Radix Communications, the UK’s largest copywriting agency dedicated to B2B marketing content. He writes for B2B brands like Microsoft, Oracle and Mitsubishi on subjects as diverse as engineering processes, human resources transformation and cybersecurity risk.
At Radix, part of David’s role is to help mentor and train the next generation of professional B2B copywriters – giving him a practical, workshop approach. He’s also an experienced presenter, hosting both the UK’s national copywriting conference and the “Good Copy, Bad Copy” podcast.
What you’ll learn: Key skills to tackle five essential B2B content formats
This is no generic writing course. With 15 years’ dedicated B2B writing experience, David has created this course to address the real issues B2B marketers face – like how to:
- Write with authority and power, and avoid common B2B mistakes
- Make technical subjects clear and compelling – without “dumbing down”
- Obtain better quality content from stakeholders and writers
- Succeed in popular B2B content formats, including blog posts, emails, and web copy
- Humanise your brand through smart use of voice and tone
You’ll leave with an armful of practical tips you can apply straight away – that is nothing like the English lessons we learned at school.
Toolkits and takeaways: Structures for the whole marketing funnel
Alongside professional hints and tips, David will give you the tools, structures and templates he uses every day when crafting content throughout the whole B2B marketing funnel. They’re yours to keep, adapt and use:
- A structured, five-point hierarchy for evaluating any B2B copy
- An adaptable quality checklist for your B2B content
- Briefing forms, ensuring you have everything you need to write well
- Multipurpose structures for blog posts and other content types
- A unique, graphic tool to help you visualise voice and tone
Who should attend: Any B2B marketer who writes or evaluates content
This course is designed for any B2B marketer who needs to write or evaluate B2B marketing copy; a core skill at any level of seniority.
It’s a hands-on, workshop format – designed to build your confidence as well as your skills.
Getting certified for the time you dedicate to upskilling yourself and boosting your knowledge.
All of our courses come with a certification of attendance and can be added to your LinkedIn profile and CV.
"I went away feeling more knowledgeable and confident in my copywriting skills"
Marketing exec - Thomson Reuters
"Very informative and practical course with lots of details"
Product marketing - Axelos
"This course gave me everything I was looking for and more"
Marketing Exec - Akixi limited
"The trainer is very helpful and knowledgeable"
Bid writer - Crown Worldwide
"Do it! Really useful and practical insight, ideas and structure"
Specialist Content Director - Team Spirit
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, December 3, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
David McGuire has built a career out of making boring subjects interesting. He’s been engaged in B2B marketing and copywriting since 2006, crafting content for the likes of Mitsubishi, Fujitsu Siemens and the European Space Agency. David’s freewheeling, conversational presentation style has led to a growing number of training workshops and speaking engagements – for organisations as diverse as the Local Government Chronicle and Software Cornwall.