Effective: 25 May 2018
When we refer to ‘B2B Marketing’ we mean the business entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information. The data controller is Silver Bullet Publishing Limited t/a B2B Marketing.
We're all about clarity and transparency.
How to contact us
+44 (0)207 014 4920
UK Head office: The Data Protection Officer. B2B Marketing Ltd. Clover House, 147-149 Farringdon Road, London, EC1R 3HN, UK.
Why we process your data
We may process your data for a number of different purposes:
- To keep you up to date with the latest, relevant content we have published.
- To administer any membership you have with us.
- To administer any training course, programme or event delegate bookings you have bought from us.
- To keep you up to date with and invite you to any of our latest, relevant events, training programmes, webinars or podcasts we are producing.
- To collect your feedback and seek your insight through online survey invitations.
- To give you access to content and events provided by our approved third party partners.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
It’s in B2B Marketing’s legitimate business interest to keep its customers, members and contacts informed of our latest content, products and services and to manage and administer their memberships and purchases.
We process customer and client data and use direct marketing as part of this legitimate interest. It’s necessary for us to use a variety of direct marketing channels and messages to ensure our contacts are kept informed, and wherever possible we make sure the messages we send are targeted and relevant. Any direct marketing we undertake complies with e-privacy rules on consent.
We will keep your data safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to your instructions, and we review the data we hold at least once every two years. If you’d like more information about how we store your data, please contact us directly.
In particular you could expect to receive from us:
- A weekly email update bulletin highlighting our latest trending content, downloadable reports, and forthcoming events and training.
- A weekly email Partner Bulletin highlighting our latest third party partner content, including whitepapers, webinars and guides.
- A weekly or bi-weekly email update on forthcoming events.
- Occasional email updates on surveys or webinars we are running or new reports (or partner reports) we have published.
- Occasional direct mailings or telemarketing calls about our forthcoming training, content or events.
- Occasional account management calls to check in on how you are getting on with any of our products or services you use.
- You can manage your preferences and unsubscribe from any or all of these different types of email at any time.
Types of data we collect
When you register on our website or purchase any of our professional development services we’ll collect the kind of standard, non-sensitive information you would expect a B2B supplier to request. For example, we’ll ask for your:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your job role
- Your email address and contact number
- Your postal address
- A password (for website access)
- The name of the organisation you work for
- The type of industry you work in
- The number of employees in your organisation (by band)
- Your dietary requirements (if you’re attending one of our events)
- (And we’ll collect and store data on the transactions and purchases you make with us.)
Opt-In settings and your decision not to be tracked
You can change your opt-out status here. To do so, click the button on the right and we will take all necessary means to ensure that no tracking is being applied to your browser.
Third party data
B2B Marketing may receive data about organisations, industries, website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from our partners, affiliates or others, that we use to make our own information better or more useful.
This data may be combined with other information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Additional information provided to B2B Marketing
We may receive and store other information when submitted to our websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with B2B Marketing.
Recipients of the data we collect
In some cases we will share the data we collect from you with trusted third party content providers to support our business. We always let you know this before we collect your data, so you can make an informed decision.
Specific cases where we may do this are:
1. Digital content supplied by our partners, e.g. whitepapers, guides, surveys, webinars
In these cases we’ll ask you to complete an online form to gain access to this content. We will always tell you the name of the partner (company) with which we will be sharing the data collected in the form.
2. Offline content delivered by our partners at our face to face events
In these cases you may have attended a presentation or face to face session by one or more of our content partners at one of our events, like B2B Marketing Ignite, the B2B Marketing Conference or InTech, or a partner event co-hosted by B2B Marketing.
When you register for these sessions we will always tell you the name of the partner (company) with which we will be sharing the data we collected from you.
Our expectations of our content partners
Any personal data we share with our content partners is shared only the basis that the data will be used by the partner under a lawful basis of legitimate interest and according to the requirements of the GDPR. We specify this in our contracts with all our content partners.
Data processing partners
B2B Marketing may provide your personal information to a subsidiary of B2B Marketing, any affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons, acting under a confidentiality agreement, for the purpose of processing personal information on behalf of B2B Marketing.
These parties are required to process such information based on instructions from B2B Marketing and in accordance with this Policy. They do not have any independent right to share this information.
B2B Marketing may transfer Your Data if B2B Marketing is acquired by or merged with another company. B2B Marketing will provide notice before this occurs and will post a new Policy if necessary.
B2B Marketing may share your personal information with a credit checking company or with a credit card processing company to bill users for B2B Marketing services. These third parties do not retain, share, or store any personally identifiable information except to provide these services and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
Your rights over the personal data we hold
You can reasonably request access to the personal data we hold on you, at any time, and we will provide that information free of charge within one month of your request at the latest.
You can request inaccurate or incomplete personal data held on you to be rectified or completed or for your personal data to be suppressed or erased, and we will respond within one month of your request at the latest.
We will supply any data you request in a CSV file.
Your right to object
You have the right to opt out of our direct marketing at any point, and we will deal with your request right away. You can unsubscribe from our emails automatically by submitting this unsubscribe form. Alternatively, you can amend your email preferences via our preference centre. To opt out of our direct mail or telephone marketing please call us on +44 (0)207 014 4920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Authority
You have the right to raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the case of residents of the UK please see more information here.
To secure your personal information, access to your data is password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and not to share this information with anyone.
To protect data stored on B2B Marketing servers, B2B Marketing regularly audits our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. While B2B Marketing will implement the security measures detailed above, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore transmission via the internet is at your own risk.
B2B Marketing may store and process personal information collected on www.b2bmarketing.net or other B2B Marketing Web sites in the UK or any other country including outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") in which B2B Marketing or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities.