Because teamwork makes the dream work
As marketing evolves at an ever-accelerating rate, the skills marketers need to fulfil their core roles are increasingly specialised. Simultaneously there’s been a “more for less” ethos for marketing departments, often dictated from the board. This means these core roles have increased in breadth and depth.
As a result, many marketing departments are disjointed. It would be impossible for marketing leaders to be able to see every chance for different initiatives to interlink. This means a marketing team that can work together is more vital than ever. It requires marketers who can “join the dots”, marketers who know how to work as a team and those that can communicate with IT, HR, finance and the rest of the business.
So what stops collaboration, what unlocks it and what can help you reach it’s potential?
Up for discussion will be:
- How to make sure the structures are in place for collaboration within the team.
- The cultural requirements that promote collaboration.
- What are the best KPIs for collaboration.
- Collaboration with other departments in the organisation.
- How to spot talent that will be good at identifying collaborative opportunities.
- How to leverage customer-centricity to increase collaboration.