Content marketing training
Does your revised marketing strategy need a content reboot?
94% of content marketers changed their content marketing strategy because of the pandemic
- according to the Content Marketing Institute.
Before COVID struck, lots of B2B marketers were using content marketing to fill the top of the funnel. As we continue to get to grips with a new marketing landscape, content marketing has a new purpose beyond brand awareness, to building trust and loyalty. For many B2B brands, it’s now critical to demonstrate brand purpose, support the customer experience and develop long-term customer relationships.
Content marketing is at the heart of most successful B2B campaigns but if “you’re not changing behavior for the good of the business in some way, you are just producing content, not content marketing,” says Joe Pulizzi, Content Marketing Institute. We explore what it takes to produce effective content marketing and what you can do to avoid the most common challenges – cutting through the content overload, only thinking tactics and delivering to internal requests without having a joined-up strategy.
In this practical interactive two-day online course, Ruth Connor, marketing director and trainer will help you explore how content marketing can help you achieve brand awareness, trust and loyalty goals. We’ll reset your content marketing strategy to make sure it aligns to shifting business goals and the current pain points and challenges of your target and existing customers. We’ll help set your brand apart from the competition and add value to your customers, your sales team and your business.
What you will learn on this two-day content marketing course
- Set clearly defined, achievable content marketing goals
- Auditing what’s working and where you might need to make some improvements
- How to reset your content marketing strategy
- Using customer and business insight to find your sweet spot
- Why you need to understand your customer pain points and revisit them regularly
- Personalising your content to your target customer
- How content marketing can support the entire customer journey from top of funnel all the way through to adding value to customer relationships
- Why there has never been a more important time to develop sales and customer enablement for a truly digital sales journey
- How to adapt content for account-based marketing
- Examine the activities needed to support your content marketing – from asset creation to distribution, tools and tech, and internal briefing so your content marketing meets your goals.
Toolkits and key takeaways
- Plan on page template
- Tips for mapping your customer journey
- Checklist for successful implementation
- Framework for measuring success
- Managing content marketing stakeholders – sales, subject matter experts and approvers
- Take inspiration from award winning B2B content marketing case studies
- Chance to learn from other B2B marketers
Ideally suited to those who are new to content marketing or current practitioners wanting to re-energise their content marketing. Interactive and practical workshop, with actionable takeaways and the opportunity to learn from other B2B marketers facing similar challenges.
Getting certified for the time you dedicate to upskilling yourself and boosting your knowledge!
All of our courses come with a certification of attendance and can be added to your LinkedIn profile and CV.
What past participants say about this course:
"A great, well structured course with dynamic content and insights, also a good place to network and find out what other marketers are doing for their business."
Marketing and brand specialist, Vocalink
"Some useful insights and a good sense check and reiteration of what we should be doing."
Senior marketing manager, Domino Printing
"Very informative and useful at giving a big picture view of the role of content, stakeholders and tactics."
Marketing manager, PA Consulting
"Really beneficial, lots of valuable tools, frameworks and processes to take away and implement."
Marketing manager, RBS International
"Very good, concise and informative."
Web manager, Informa
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, April 20, 2023 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Ruth Connor is an independent marketing trainer and practising Marketing Director with more than 20 years’ experience in both B2B and B2C marketing.
Ruth has held roles in numerous organisations including: BUPA, Legal & General, Westfield Health and Consumer Intelligence during her career and has significant experience of B2B brand development, digital and content marketing, and integrated campaign planning and delivery. She has also developed and taken to market-leading products and led award-winning Internal Comms and PR campaigns.
Over the last 7 years she successfully launched and managed content marketing programmes in three different B2B businesses where blogs and customer newsletters have outperformed average industry performance resulting in increased brand engagement and lead generation, and assisted in winning new and retaining existing business.
She’s been a guest tutor at the IDM for over 4 years, covering topics such as content marketing planning and implementation, development and use of personas and customer journeys. And as a Marketing tutor she is focused on actionable learning that workshop attendees can take back to their businesses to implement and drive improvements.