Title: Design Manager
Location: Farringdon, London, - 2 set office days and 3 (optional) home working days
Job type: Full time
Salary: £30-£35k per annum
We are looking for a dynamic graphic designer to join our team to lead the design function within the business.
You will have at least 5 years design experience, ideally within a B2B environment, and are now ready to take on greater responsibility and manage the development and delivery of the creative assets across all our products including events, training, client reports and our community intelligence platform, Propolis.
You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude. A designer who loves design exploration but also recognises the realities and demands of day to day work. You are able to manage your own projects in a timely manner, as well as co-ordinate external designers, to ensure all projects are delivered on time and to a very high standard.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who, as well as being an excellent designer, is adaptable and has strong organisational skills.
Reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will be given the autonomy to take full ownership of the design function and become brand ambassador for the business.
A bit about us:
Established in 2004, B2B Marketing is the leading global resource for B2B marketers. Our mission is to provide marketers with fresh, fundamental information and experience that maximises business performance. It is an existing and trusted brand, which is customer driven and always looking to enhance our customers marketing capabilities.
Our portfolio covers Propolis membership, advisory, training and events. These services support over 250,000 marketers worldwide to make more informed decisions, develop professionals and enable them to create more business opportunities. This is your chance to join a growing company with continued high aspirations, building and driving a revolutionary change within the B2B marketing industry.
On top of that, we have a great team and environment to work in. We’re very team focused, we take huge pride in our success, in our brand and in one another.
- Lead on the development and delivery of all creative assets for the business, ensuring all deliverables are produced on time and to a high standard
- Creating high quality designs and providing creative solutions for print and digital across all of our products
- Work on a wide-range of projects including events marketing campaigns, demand generation campaigns, sponsored annual reports, websites, sales collateral, conference and awards onsite assets, powerpoint presentations, infographics, social media campaigns
- Manage the design workflow using project management tools to track progress against delivery targets and manage stakeholder expectations
- Act as the brand ambassador for the business, overseeing quality control and ensuring all assets conform with brand guidelines and relevant house style
- Continually review the current process for managing design requests and ensure we are using the most efficient solution to manage the workflow. Identify and implement opportunities for self-service models where appropriate, e.g. templates, use of Canva
- Manage all external outsourced design providers, ensure their understanding of design brief and style guidelines, and that projects are delivered on time
- Supporting other functions across the business to provide design support when they need to represent our brand.
- Identifying where materials need updating and revising to ensure they are on brand. Ensure that the wider business is using the most up to date assets as required in their respective roles
- Being a key member of the Marketing team, contributing effectively to meetings, presentations, projects and work-streams etc, and demonstrating a collaborative approach within the team.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates drive and commitment to succeed. Who has a proven track record of adding value to design and marketing teams and who can hit the ground running and fit in with a dynamic team that works at pace.
You are a positive and energized individual and your skills and experience will include:
- Brilliant design capability with related qualification and 5+ years of design experience, ideally within a B2B environment
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - Indesign, illustrator, photoshop, Premiere pro.
- Skills in video editing and After Effects preferable but not essential
- Strong experience in design workflow management
- Ability to build effective relationships across functions
- Collaborative and open communicator
- Passion and energy to drive positive change within the design function
- Commercially focused, and able to bring new ideas on board
- Committed to success and delivering consistently excellent results
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- Flexibility for remote working (two fixed office days and three home working days)
- Ongoing on the job training and mentorship
- Away days
- Fabulous collaborative working environment.
If you are excited by this opportunity, please send your CV with a covering letter to Jennie.firstname.lastname@example.org outlining what appeals to you about the design manager position and what you could bring to the role.