HYBRID ROLE (2 DAYS IN CENTRAL LONDON OFFICE, 3 HOME)
Experienced, UK based applicants only
A bit about us:
B2B Marketing started life in 2004 as a magazine for business-to-business marketers, keeping them up to date with the best campaigns, latest news and inspirational interviews. Since then, we have added conferences, awards programmes, webinars, articles/blogs, podcasts and training to our repertoire, gradually moving away from the print magazine.
Today, we are now the number one go-to resource for B2B marketers across the globe. Right from the start, we had a clear mission that remains as strong and clear today: to provide marketers at business brands with the tools, insight and inspiration they need to grow and succeed – as both individuals and businesses. We're proud to serve as the focal point for the B2B marketing sector, and a force for greater connectivity, enabling marketers and leaders to share experiences and learn from one another. We’re a friendly company, jammed with expertise, drive and commitment – and we take pride in the relationships we’ve developed over the years within the global B2B industry.
In 2021, we launched Propolis – an award-winning, members-only, online community intelligence platform, for world-class professional development. With Propolis, you and every member of your marketing team have exclusive, direct access to trusted, independent industry consultants, intelligence and expertise, helping you develop a high-performance marketing team that smashes targets and delivers outstanding results. Propolis includes our very best content.
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Editor will be responsible for creating weekly technical and market content within Propolis – B2B Marketing’s exclusive community for B2B marketers, agencies and marketing technology vendors.
The role will involve daily liaison with a panel of senior marketing experts, our community specialists and ambassadors, and our community members, in order to learn what core challenges face B2B marketers, and what content would help them excel in their career.
This is a truly unique role, allowing you to develop your expertise in marketing, building and maintaining a dynamic library of technical content for a growing industry. It’s a role for someone with a desire to be at the forefront of B2B marketing’s ascendancy, showcase their own expertise and build their own brand.
· Work with the Head of Content, community members, our panel of marketing experts, and our community specialists and ambassadors to establish what problems we should be looking to solve for our community.
· Use our existing models/frameworks (and develop new ones) to create content that solves the marketing problems of our members.
· Keeping up to date with the latest market news, to deliver the main ‘stories’ in marketing for our community.
· Create regular, abridged versions of technical/market content for our main, free-to-all website in order to build interest in Propolis as part of our content marketing strategy.
· Ensure Propolis is the go-to hub for world-class content that helps marketers overcome historic, current and future marketing problems, making it the place for our members to develop their marketing knowledge.
· Create content across all different formats (audio/video/written/visual).
· Create thought leadership content for senior marketing leaders.
· Contribute to the level of engagement on Propolis by proactively posing questions to members, or by responding to members questions
· An Editor or Deputy Editor with at least four years of experience writing and editing copy.
· Able to build and analyse data using polls/surveys, and turn it into accessible material.
· Experience interviewing and liaising with senior professionals (i.e. Head of Marketing, or members of the c-suite), and putting their expertise down on paper.
· Ideally, familiar with the core themes of marketing today: strategy & evolution; growth; CX; data insights and intelligence; marketing operations and process; teams, resourcing and D&I; execution and campaigns; brand and content strategy. Although this is not essential.
· Finger on the pulse, who can keep their ear to the ground on the latest hot topics in the marketing sector .
· Can take large bodies of research, and turn it into easily accessible quick reads (for example).
· Capable of working with designers to build/create content.
· A positive, problem-solving attitude with a willingness to work through challenges as they arise.
- Competitive salary
- Working week split between office and home working (two set office days)
- Enhanced holiday
- Amazing colleagues
- Staff and charity events
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to receive your application! Apply now!
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£33,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus