Events and Media accounts manager
Hybrid role (2 office days 3 home working)
- UK based applicants only
- Central London Based Offices / Hybrid working
- £35k-£40k plus uncapped commission (£65k OTE)
Are you a passionate and driven salesperson with excellent communication skills? Would you thrive within a dynamic, collaborative, performance environment?
If so, joining the talented sales team at B2B Marketing is the perfect way for your hard work and talent to be both recognised and rewarded.
A bit about us
B2B Marketing is an award winning, market leading, progressive company going through an exciting period of growth. We pride ourselves on our friendly, vibrant workplace, the opportunities for development we offer our team and the unparalleled rewards they enjoy.
Established in 2004, B2B Marketing is the leading global resource for B2B Marketers. A trusted brand reaching more than 1 million marketers worldwide who turn to us for the insight, expertise, community intelligence and practical resources to enhance their marketing capabilities and maximise business performance. Our portfolio includes renowned events, online membership, awards, conferences, webinars, podcasts and training courses.
Reporting to the Head of Media Sales the Events and Media Account Manager will be directly responsible for driving revenue across a portfolio of events, marketing solutions and our highly successful community intelligence platform, Propolis. Your exposure to the wider business and full support from Marketing will help you contribute to product development and drive your success on events, marketing solutions and Propolis. You will be given the autonomy to build and develop new client relationships and ensure successful rebooking with existing clients.
- Maximise sales revenue across media, sponsorship and Propolis membership through consultative, value-led sales techniques in line with monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Build long term relationships with C-suite clients through an empathetic understanding of their marketing challenges and a solution-focused pitch
- Manage all aspects of a consultative sales cycle from identifying and researching prospects and opportunities to post-delivery client feedback
- Manage time to maximise weekly client meetings in line with KPIs set by management
- Identify new business opportunities and drive expansion into those areas
- Ensure all leads move through the pipeline as efficiently and quickly as possible to maximise revenue generated
- Capture all relevant customer data and ensure sales records are kept up to date and accurate at all times
- Monitor pipeline and revenue progress ensuring accurate reporting to leadership
- Liaise with the head of sales, marketing, events, editorial and the wider business to fully understand the products and opportunities for clients
- US sales
We are looking for someone with at least 3/4 years’ sales experience with a proven ability to exceed revenue targets and a hunger and commitment to succeed. Sales experience within B2B media or exhibition sales is ideal, however not essential. More important is a passion for selling and desire to build and grow your sales career. You will have a “hunter” mentality as somebody who is proactively looking to close deals at every opportunity and have a genuine interest in developing products to deliver the best value for your clients.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident personality
- Ability to communicate articulately and enthusiastically through written, spoken and face to face interactions with clients
- A motivated and focused self-starter, who can work independently and manage time effectively
- Ambitious to succeed, target driven and money motivated
- Great social skills to network and engage clients in a professional and charming manner.
- The resilience to carry on when faced with knock backs and the versatility to try different approaches
- Highly organised, with attention to detail, to ensure all client communication is accurate and timely and all records are updated correctly
- Experience in developing positive relationships with senior and C-suite decision makers
- Hungry to learn and take advantage of the support and training available to help you meet your objectives and professional development goals
- Entrepreneurial self-starter that can prioritise and thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Degree qualified
- Competitive Salary (uncapped bonus scheme)
- Generous holiday scheme
- Regular incentives (including away days, extra holiday for hitting target)
- Regular team socials and charity events
- Flexible working
- Access to market leading technology (Sales Force, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ORTTO)
- Statutory Pension
If you are excited by this opportunity, please send your CV with a covering letter to Jennie.firstname.lastname@example.org outlining what appeals to you about the Events &Media Account Manager position and what you could bring to the role.