Marketing operations training
The fundementals of Marketing Operations
Once a administrative back room function, Marketing Operations is now the beating heart of the modern marketing department.
Defining growth strategies and managing complex martech stacks,Marketing Operations brings strategic marketing to life with clever specialist knowledge and process driven efficiencies.
Marketing Operations has been evolving at a fast pace over the last decade and its full definition is still not written.
So before you define MOps in your environment, join our Marketing Operations expert Karla Wentworth, to learn about the history or Marketing Operations, the part it now plays in our everyday marketing department and where it will move to in the future.
This course is for you if you tick any of the following boxes
- You’re looking to understand what part Marketing Operations can play in your business
- You’re responsible for marketing performance and reporting but don’t know how to join the dots
- You want to create a single view of what is happening in the marketing department
- You’re responsible for digital or technology improvement in marketing
What you will learn
- The history of Marketing Operations and it’s place in the modern world
- What Marketing Operations means to other and more specifically, in side your organisation
- Why generic marketers are dying and specialists are rising
- Why your tech stack is not the largest part of the pie
- How to perform a tech stack review
- How to get on a maturity pathway
- The future of AI and Marketing Operations
- A clear definition of Marketing Operations for your business to build on
- A Martech stack review that will add power to your automation and customer journey
- Above all an enhanced peer to peer learning network – by being part of the B2B marketing community
Target audienceAnyone with an interest in marketing and sales operations, past attendees have included CEOs, CMOs, marketing operations managers, CRM executives and more! ultimately transform your tech stack and the way you do marketing. You’ll also discover the common pitfalls of marketing operations processes and leave knowing how to avoid making the same mistakes. Learn from award winning B2B marketing case studies and best practice examples from organisations such as Atos, Deloitte, and TMF group. This course is interactive and practical workshop to help embed practical outcomes. Delegates are encouraged to bring their real-life challenges to the day, which Karla uses to illustrate different solutions suitable for different business structures and cultures.
CertificationGetting certified for the time you dedicate to upskilling yourself and boosting your knowledge! All of our courses come with a certification of attendance and can be added to your LinkedIn profile and CV.
"a fantastically useful session - lots of thought provoking content and practical thinking to implement"
Marketing manager - Barnett Waddingham
"Learnt some really useful takeaways and ideas that can be applied in real life scenarios"
Global marketing manager - clear channel
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, September 30, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Shane is an independent consultant with over 30 years' international B2B direct & digital marketing experience. Shane provides strategic consultancy and practical training to both end users and DM suppliers; clients include Lexis Nexis, ITV plc, Telefonica, Sika Services AG and the IDM. Specialising in data, databases and analysis, Shane enjoys helping large and small businesses use integrated marketing to significantly improve the bottom line. Increasingly, Shane’s time is spent on advising large business transformation projects such as MA and customer experience.
In addition to her consultancy business, Shane also holds a number of non-executive directorships and board advisory roles including Livingstone Partners, SharkGate, and Consumer Intelligence.
Shane has an honorary fellowship at the Institute of Direct Marketing and was awarded Educator of the Year in 2015. She also lectures worldwide on topics including CRM, lead generation, and B2B analysis; as well as international marketing. She is the past chair of the IDM's B2B council, industry roles have included vice chair of FEDMA, UK DMA board director, and sales and marketing director of Mardev (a Reed Elsevier company).