How to write a marketing plan workshop
This interactive one-day course for senior and middle marketing managers will provide an opportunity to reflect and plan out your current B2B marketing plan, giving you greater traction in the boardroom.
We will review the planning process, develop a structured framework and use facilitated peer-to-peer discussion to develop an effective set of actions that will enable you to achieve your business outcomes.
What you will learn:
Surprisingly, many companies working in the B2B sector don’t have documented plans for turning their business goals and marketing strategy into action; or at the very least they are not fit for purpose.
A detailed strategic marketing plan provides a clear vision for all stakeholders and helps to focus attention and resources. More than a static document filed away to review annually, this is a dynamic plan that can be used daily and regularly adjusted to respond to new opportunities that may arise within your marketplace, or as new marketing tools become available.
Whether you are writing your first B2B marketing plan, or looking to refresh your current marketing planning process, this course will provide practical insight and fresh focus on:
- Gaining insight into a more streamlined and time effective marketing planning process
- What to include in a marketing plan; to deliver top down and bottom up transparency
- Writing a situation analysis; in line with corporate objectives and customer demands
- The tactical deployment of all plans; against objectives
- Nail your budget of your plan; against objectives and clearer KPIs
- How to measure return on investment (ROI); across all stakeholder groups
- How to present the marketing plan and get executive buy-in
During the session you will revisit some traditional marketing planning tools and see how they are still relevant in the digital age. You will leave the session with everything you need to write your next marketing plan, including:
- A marketing plan template
- Worksheets for carrying out a marketing audit
- A short guide to key marketing metrics
Your trainer, chartered marketer, SOSTAC certified planner and author, Luan Wise, will take you step-by-step through the B2B marketing planning process.
You will understand what information you need to gather for your B2B marketing plan, how to involve key stakeholders in the process and why the planning process is as important as the plan itself.
You will spend time working on elements of the marketing plan including a SWOT and PESTLE analysis, objective setting and ROI calculations.
If you would like to attend but require an invoice please contact email@example.com
Luan Wise has over 15 years’ experience in agency, client-side and consultancy roles. She has worked with organisations large and small, including household names Royal Mail, Hilton and the University of Cambridge.
Luan is an experienced workshop trainer and speaker. She is a course instructor for LinkedIn Learning’s online learning platform, with courses on targeting, setting a marketing budget, social media for B2B and social media marketing ROI. Follow her on Twitter @luanwise