Marketing Planning Essentials
Planning is the cornerstone of great marketing!
“It takes as much energy to wish, as it does to plan”, E. Roosevelt
As we look to survive and thrive in a Covid world, there has never been a more important time to return to the fundamentals of marketing planning.
If 2020 taught us anything as marketers, it’s the importance of being agile.
While it’s still hard to know what the future will look like, it’s important to keep working on marketing plans that will have both short-term, and long-term positive impacts on the business.
This 2-day online course, delivered live on Zoom by our industry practitioner,Luan Wise, is an opportunity to spend time reviewing the fundamentals of marketing planning, amongst a small group of fellow B2B marketers. Together you will:
- Review the b2b marketing planning process, and how to use relevant frameworks to develop an effective action plan
- Look at how to understand new trends in customer behaviour, the wider industry and their possible impacts
- Review the marketing mix and discuss how to select the most appropriate online and offline channels for your business and in the current environment
- Look at setting meaningful goals, and using measurements that matter
This interactive course for junior and middle marketing managers will provide an opportunity to work on your B2B marketing plans, learning what information you need to gather, and how to be more confident in presenting your plans to marketing and non-marketing colleagues.
“Marketing must talk the language of business, in all planning and execution!” – James Farmer, Co-Founder, B2B Marketing
What you will learn
A strategic marketing plan provides a clear vision for all stakeholders and helps to focus attention and resources. More than a lengthy report created to tick a box and be filed away to review annually, this is a dynamic working document that can be used daily to drive action, and results.
Whether you are new to writing B2B marketing plans, or looking to review your current marketing planning process, this workshop will provide practical insight and fresh focus on:
- What information is needed to develop a robust marketing plan
- How to stay agile, with continued sensitivity to the needs and experiences of target audiences
- How to present the marketing plan and get executive buy-in
- How to put a marketing plan into action, and measure return on investment
Toolkits and key takeaways
Your trainer, Luan Wise, will take you step-by-step through the B2B marketing planning process, with real-life insights and how-to’s.
You will understand how to involve key stakeholders in gathering information and why the planning process is as important as the plan itself.
You will spend time working on key elements of the marketing plan including buyer personas, a SWOT and PESTLE analysis, plus SMART objective setting.
You will leave the session with everything you need to prepare your next marketing plan, including:
- A template marketing plan
- Buyer persona template
- SWOT analysis worksheet
- PESTLE analysis worksheet
- Marketing action plan template
- A list of relevant resources to prepare and maintain your marketing plan
Junior/Middle Level Marketing Managers and Agency Executives
This course is also suitable for non-marketers, who would like to have a better understanding of the work of their marketing colleagues.
Getting certified for the time you dedicate to upskilling yourself and boosting your knowledge.
All of our courses come with a certification of attendance and can be added to your LinkedIn profile and CV.
"Luan was very engaging and has good hands-on experience on marketing planning and as a marketer”
Marketing automation Manager -HSBC
"Very good course that allows you to build a robust marketing plan"
Marketing manager - HSBC
"I found this course very insightful"
Product marketing manager - Ricoh
"Great course for getting to grips with what’s required for writing a comprehensive marketing plan"
Senior marketing manager - Informa
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Luan Wise has over 15 years’ experience in agency, client-side and consultancy roles. She has worked with organisations large and small, including household names Royal Mail, Hilton and the University of Cambridge.
Luan is an experienced workshop trainer and speaker. She is a course instructor for LinkedIn Learning’s online learning platform, with courses on targeting, setting a marketing budget, social media for B2B and social media marketing ROI. Follow her on Twitter @luanwise