How to write a marketing plan workshop
Planning is the cornerstone of great marketing!
“It takes as much energy to wish, as it does to plan”, E. Roosevelt
There has never been a more important time to ensure marketing plans are aligned with the market. Covis-19 has changed our landscape! We want to help you build the killer plan, which gets buy-in from all stakeholders and helps you win!
"Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy" - Rudy Giuliani
Areas we will help inform you plan in:
- This 2 day online course is an opportunity to spend time on your plan and perfect it with personalised guidance and input from Luan, amongst a small group of fellow B2B marketers.
- We will review the planning process, develop a structured framework and use facilitated peer-to-peer discussion, to develop an effective set of actions that will enable you to achieve your business outcomes.
- We will review how to reflect the shift in business operating models, channels, and market demands
- New trends in customer behaviour and customer journey planning
- How to set, meaningful goals and measurement, in line with non-marketers
This interactive course for senior and middle marketing managers will provide an opportunity to reflect and plan out your current B2B marketing plans, showing you how to get greater traction with senior non-marketing decision makers.
“Marketing must talk the language of business, in all planning and execution!” – James Farmer, Co-Founder, B2B Marketing
What you will learn
A detailed strategic marketing plan provides a clear vision for all stakeholders and helps to focus attention and resources. More than a static document filed away to review annually, this is a dynamic plan that can be used daily and regularly. It is adjusted to respond to new opportunities that may arise within your marketplace, or as new marketing tools become available.
Whether you are writing your first B2B marketing plan, or looking to refresh your current marketing planning process, this course will provide practical insight and fresh focus on:
- Gaining insight into a more streamlined and time effective marketing planning process
- What to include in a marketing plan; to deliver top-down and bottom-up transparency
- Writing a situation analysis; in line with corporate objectives and customer demands
- The tactical deployment of all plans; against objectives
- Nail your budget of your plan; against objectives and clearer KPIs
- How to measure return on investment (ROI); across all stakeholder groups
- How to present the marketing plan and get executive buy-in
Toolkits and key takeaways
During the session you will revisit some traditional marketing planning tools and see how they are still relevant in the digital age. You will leave the session with everything you need to write your next marketing plan, including:
- A marketing plan template
- Worksheets for carrying out a marketing audit
- Buyer persona template
- SWOT analysis worksheet
- PESTLE analysis worksheet
- Guide to marketing metrics and analytics
Your trainer, Luan Wise, will take you step-by-step through the B2B marketing planning process.
You will understand what information you need to gather for your B2B marketing plan, how to involve key stakeholders in the process and why the planning process is as important as the plan itself.
You will spend time working on elements of the marketing plan including a SWOT and PESTLE analysis, objective setting and ROI calculations.
Middle/Senior Level Marketing Managers
Getting certified for the time you dedicate to upskilling yourself and boosting your knowledge.
All of our courses come with a certification of attendance and can be added to your LinkedIn profile and CV.
"Luan was very engaging and has good hands-on experience on marketing planning and as a marketer”
Marketing automation Manager -HSBC
"Very good course that allows you to build a robust marketing plan"
Marketing manager - HSBC
"I found this course very insightful"
Product marketing manager - Ricoh
"Great course for getting to grips with what’s required for writing a comprehensive marketing plan"
Senior marketing manager - Informa
- Monday, November 2, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Thursday, April 15, 2021 - 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Luan Wise has over 15 years’ experience in agency, client-side and consultancy roles. She has worked with organisations large and small, including household names Royal Mail, Hilton and the University of Cambridge.
Luan is an experienced workshop trainer and speaker. She is a course instructor for LinkedIn Learning’s online learning platform, with courses on targeting, setting a marketing budget, social media for B2B and social media marketing ROI. Follow her on Twitter @luanwise