Beginner’s Guide to Sales and Marketing Alignment
Only with a clear sales and marketing alignment strategy can you maximise your pipeline value. This Guide will show you how, with practical tools including a collataral planner and inspiration from an award winning case study
This Beginners Guide to Sales and Marketing Alignment includes a step-by-step implementation process, sales collateral planners to help marketers get started, an award-winning case study to demonstrate success, key learning outlining skills and disciplines marketers need to adopt, and a handy further reading list.
This guide is suitable for B2B marketers early in their career, sales teams, those switching to a marketing career, or those marketers in need of a refresher.
This guide will help you:
- Set core objectives – define your objectives and know what success looks like.
- Create a sales collateral plan – to help you plot what content is most appropriate for the various sales cycle stages.
- Plan a strategy – set out an alignment strategy and goals.
This guide includes:
- A case study – an award-winning case study showcases successful sales enablement in action.
- Pitfalls to avoid – common sales enablement mistakes to steer clear of.
- Further reading – additional resources linked to sales and marketing alignment.
"Sales and marketing alignment is a pipe dream for a lot of organisations out there, but it needn’t be"
A look inside
Section one – How to achieve sales and marketing alignment
Section two – Sales collateral planner
Section three – B2B Awards 2013: Best integration of sales and marketing
Section four – Key learnings