AWARDS 2012 CASE STUDY: Category 14: 'Getting Welsh business online' for Google UK by Culture Goup
Getting Welsh Business Online increased the awareness of online marketing among small businesses in Wales over a three month period in 2012.
Why focus on Wales?
- 60 per cent of the 204,000 business in Wales are SMEs (two per cent above the UK average)
- As many as 40 per cent of SMEs in Wales have no online presence
- 64 per cent of these SMEs are located within an hour's drive of Cardiff
What were the goals?
- Raise awareness of the opportunity that SMEs are missing if they don't market their business online.
- Offer practical support through one-to-one sessions and workshops, to help improve online marketing efforts.
- Engage partners to contribute and share content and advice, creating a sustainable ecosystem of support.
How was it promoted?
- Launch event for 600 people
- More than 400 pieces of online content
- 20,000 pieces of (bi-lingual) literature
- 17 local partners to syndicate content
- A relationship with Welsh Government (and their database of 25,000 businesses)
What were the results?
- 36 million people reached with PR coverage via TV, radio, press
- 420k+ people reached and educated through our content
- 1600+ Welsh SMEs trained by Google Advisers
- Ongoing Google Training sessions, provided at no cost, by local agencies.
About your personal data
When you submit your details in order to download this content, your data will also be shared with our trusted partner Google who may contact you with further relevent information.