AWARDS 2012 CASE STUDY: Category 14: ‘Transformation to social media’ for Ellisons by The Crocodile
Ellisons, the UK’s leading supplier to the hair and beauty industry (a small business audience, with all target companies less than 20 employees) wanted to increase online revenue by 50 per cent and nurture customer engagement.
The Crocodile defined social media as the right strategy for this small business audience and was appointed to create and deliver a piece of transformational work that would embed social media into Ellisons’ marketing and communications.
Key highlights are:
- Creation and empowerment of a social steering committee
- Use of two key channels to appeal to small business audience: Facebook and Twitter
- Programme of price-driven offers exclusive to Facebook and Twitter followers
- Content strategy designed to appeal to SME audience and drive website traffic and transactions, and encourage genuine dialogue
- Use of social channels for customer service and product testing
Key results exceeded all expectations:
- 71 per cent increase in the value of online orders
- 44 per cent increase in the number of businesses ordering online
- Incremental ROI of 1534 per cent
- 36 per cent increase in website traffic
- Facebook now 3rd biggest referrer to www.ellisons.co.uk