AWARDS 2013, CATEGORY 14: The Marketing Practice for O2 Enterprise
Shortlist best integration of sales and marketing: ‘O2 Enterprise Team’
O2 launched its dedicated Enterprise division in 2011, taking a new set of ICT propositions to market that were a long way from its ‘traditional’ telecoms products.
From the outset, it was recognised that an entirely new relationship between sales and marketing teams would be central to the success
of the brand in the Enterprise market.
From a standing start with the new ICT propositions, by the end of 2012 this integrated approach had:
• secured over 50 new blue chip customers
• delivered £200m+ Total Contract Value
• built a future pipeline of £800m (160% of pipeline target)
Other critical sales and marketing achievements:
• 304 leads delivered against a target of 240
• New approach to marketing ‘campaigns’, which now don’t stop with awareness activity/lead generation. They run end-to-end right through to educating/enabling the sales team and providing opportunities to nurture and accelerate specific opportunities
• Clear process for lead generation and management established around Salesforce.com (with the recent introduction of Eloqua for further process control and automation)
• Inside Sales team established by marketing to provide leads to sales (and jointly nurture opportunities)
• Teams aligned to vertical ‘practices’ to create sector-specific sales and marketing messages and campaigns