Awards case study: Find out how Infinite Global nabbed the award for PR agency of the year
Learn how Infinite Global was able to win the award for PR agency of the year.
About the agency
Infinite Global is an international communications firm that helps complex businesses demonstrate their expertise to sophisticated audiences. It is one of the largest and most comprehensive communications advisors in its chosen markets, working with scores of legal and professional service firms, large global B2B corporates, leading financial institutions and property advisors, among others. The UK business, based in London, is led by three Board Directors – two fee-earning industry leaders and a Global COO. Its global board includes several high-profile non executives, including the former Head of PR for Clifford Chance and Arthur Andersen. More widely, Infinite Global has a team of 25 in the UK, including a four-strong Creative Services team. Founded in 1994, it has merged with a US-based legal PR specialist to become Infinite Global in 2014, and completed a Management Buyout in 2016. Infinite Global consistently hears from clients that what sets Infinite Global apart is the breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding of their complex businesses and markets, as well as the exceptional quality and collaborative nature of the team, from top to bottom.
Contribution to clients’ businesses
A small, representative sample of the high-profile matters on which Infinite Globaladvised include:
- The largest lawsuit in UK history, a £5bn damages claim brought on behalf of 235,000 Brazilian individuals and organisations against a major industrial company for failing to prevent a deadly dam collapse
- Advising a £10bn UK pension fund on cyber-security and data-breach communications
- Advising a former CEO of an international bank in relation to criminal charges brought against him in Italy
- Advising on the largest international arbitration settlement in history, involving a $8.73 billion award against a nation for the expropriation of oil assets from a US energy conglomerate
- Advising a high street retailer facing media scrutiny following a decision to exit the UK National Apprenticeship Scheme nfinite Global maintained an overall client retention rate of 83%, and Infinite Global is marking its 20th anniversary with two clients this year.
Among the many examples of its creative thinking include:
• Designing and delivering a first of its kind initiative for an international professional services firm focused on ‘smart decision making’ for business leaders. The campaign examined the traits of quality decision-making in the context of corporate success, exploring four strategic indicators. Data indices and report materials were produced as both a substantive standalone document, and in a digital modular format that allowed member firms to create their own local marketing collateral and social media content. This was supplemented by a robust programme of Paid, Earned, Owned and Shared media activity.
- 8,530 pieces of global media coverage
- Campaign AVE of £15.3m
- 65,149 social impressions
• Bringing to life a campaign for a global IP technology company to ‘own’ the idea of digital transformation in the IP sector. At its heart, the campaign featured a deliberately provocative white paper, amplified by multimedia content, social engagement, paid social content and strategic PR activity.
Overall results included:
- More than 1,500 report downloads
- PR coverage in both trade and national press
- Multiple pieces of timely, topical written content
- Organic and sponsored social content reaching an estimated audience of more than 1.3m
Financial performance and stability
Infinite Global set a number of ambitious goals and priorities for the business, including to:
- Sharpen proposition in order to attract higher-value work
- Deepening the focus on key ‘macro’ sectors including legal, property and corporate Against these priorities, last year was one of its best on record, meeting or exceeding targets, including:
- Organically increasing turnover by 15%, from £1.86m to £2.14m – its second consecutive year of double-digit growth
- Achieving 21% profit margin
- Increasing average retainer size by 74%
- Achieving an overall win ratio of 84%
Infinite Global is proud of its vibrant and loyal team, 83% of which was retained last year and which includes at least four senior individuals who began their careers as Trainees here (one now a Board Director). It also:
- Recruited a number of high-quality individuals, including a Global Digital Strategy Lead from Knight Frank and a Client Services Director from Brand Pie
- Welcomed five new Trainees, its biggest intake ever
- Delivered numerous sessions as part of its wider L&D programme, with activity ranging from newsroom tours, guest speakers and team workshops.
Infinite Global provided pro bono support to a consortium of legal advisors acting on behalf of victims of the Grenfell disaster, as well as the Global Heritage Fund. The team has also raised funds for a number of important causes, including the London Legal Walk.
Key initiatives and achievements
- Winning ‘Small PR Agency of the Year’ at the Prolific London Awards 2019
- Rising to Tier 3 in the annual Litigation PR & Communications advisors ranking by Chambers & Partners
- Having a team member included in PR Week’s 30 Under 30
- Rising more than 20 places to #122 in PR Week’s Top 150 ranking
Sabrina Wainio, Thomson Reuters
“Infinite Global has become a vital piece of our communications and brand awareness repertoire. As a team, they have never failed to be professional and have a can-do attitude…they have become part of our marketing ‘family,’ and we would be lost without them.”