10 Touch Points for a Socially Savvy Contact Strategy
Here’s the blueprint for an integrated contact strategy written by Carmen Hill, Social Media Strategist at Babcock & Jenkins, a B2B marketing agency and Eloqua partner.
1. Industry events: Engage key influencers in person to demonstrate the product, and seed positive word of mouth. Engage in and share lively Twitter streams.
2. Influencer blogs and forums: Participate by providing relevant, data-rich content and comment or respond when appropriate.
3. PR: Reach out to reporters and bloggers covering the category with personalised pitches and exclusive access to data.
4. Online media: Drive awareness and generate leads through content syndication.
5. Social networks: Respond to conversations, answer questions and share content.
6. Demand-centric website: Showcase content and capture information about visitors, through Web analytics and/or registration forms.
7. Newsletter and social opt-in: Invite followers and site visitors to subscribe to newsletters and social feeds. Include optional social contact fields in addition to email.
8. Nurture via email and social channels: Stay in touch with responders until they indicate interest or intent to purchase.
9. Telemarketing/sales: Once someone registers for decision-stage content or requests contact, follow up with a sales call. If you have social contact data, reach out via Twitter or LinkedIn.
10. Encourage advocacy: Empower trial users and customers to share their successes by recording short videos that can be posted on YouTube or embedded in a blog. Push that to social channels.
For more information on how to build social into your demand generation strategy please visit the Eloqua Grande Guide to Social Demand Generation