20 Lessons for turbocharged B2B lead generation
How can you generate more leads?
It’s a problem faced by all B2B marketers, and there’s rarely an easy answer (if there was, we wouldn’t be writing this blog).
You follow all the best practices, spend months planning your activity, invest in new and proven digital channels…
…but the leads just trickle in.
It’s disappointing, but in B2B marketing, it’s one of the top challenges you can face.
From investing in new digital channels to saving your failing strategy, we’ve covered some of the top issues and topics when it comes to generating more leads. Here’s a summary of top tips to help you turbo-charge your B2B lead generation and boost your ROI:
Allocate spend to testing paid social and advertising channels with caution (you don’t know if you don’t try)
1. Marketers that allocate ad spend to social channels generally see a 25% lift in the number of sales generated by advertising.
2. Paid social and content advertising is a delicate balance of accurate targeting, relevant messaging and continued conversion rate optimisation.
3. If you’re goals are to drive traffic and brand awareness through increased content reach, than native advertising is a digital channel worth testing.
4. If lead generation is your No. 1 goal than it may be time to test and invest in paid social media activity.
5. Forecasting your activity at every stage of the sales funnel is essential if you want to generate the best return possible.
Take an ROI reality check and audit your resources to check for any gaps in your lead generation activity
Take an ROI Reality Check
6. Revise and review your strategic goals for each marketing channel and incorporate conversion objectives for every stage of the sales cycle.
7. Identify where there are gaps in your lead generation activity and find those hidden opportunities to generate the best possible ROI from your current marketing activity.
Audit your resources
8. Businesses that make use of digital tools and marketing automation can increase their channel conversion rates by up to 50%, and increase lead generation as a result.
9. Investing budget in the right resources for your team is essential if you want to boost your lead generation strategy over the next few months.
Make sure you know your B2B buyer inside-out by building accurate buyer personas, matching your content strategy with their journey and effectively nurturing to sale
Understand real purchase intentions by getting personal with buyer personas
10. Implement data-driven Buyer Personas, to build an idea of what your buyers are doing in that first 90% of the buying process, and understand the motivations and goals behind their purchase intentions.
Match your content marketing strategy with the B2B Buyer journey
12. When 61% of B2B buyers agreed that the winning vendor delivered a better mix of content, knowing what information your buyer needs and when, could be the difference between winning and losing that sale.
13. Map out the B2B buyer journey and identify your buyer’s information needs at each stage, you’ll understand what content will have the most impact, and have the best chance of converting.
Effectively nurture leads across multiple channel touch points
14. The average sales cycle has increased by 22% over the past 5 years due to more decision-makers being involved in the buying process.
15. Nurtured leads (on average) produce a 20% increase in sales leads. Spending extra time on effective lead nurturing will build trust with buyers and establish your company as a credible information source.
People like to buy from people, even in B2B industries. Don’t underestimate the lead generating power of event marketing using integrated digital, content and streaming activity.
Create an enticing pre- event campaign
16. If you want to turbo-charge your event lead generation, put down the bland ‘Visit our stand’ message and create exciting pre-event content that can engage your audience and capture those leads.
Conduct a survey or research study to support your event
17. Boost your on-the-day lead generation with a live industry study or survey, while speaking to delegates on your stand (it makes a great conversation starter too).
18. Use your findings and data to create an original whitepaper or marketing guide, and distribute it to your attendees to boost lead generation and reinforce your brand as a trusted source.
Take the event experience into hyper-drive
19. Hosting and streaming live from your event can be an effective way of boosting your on-the-day lead generation.
20. Extend your on-the-day reach online with live webinars, social media events or video streaming, you’ll boost your opportunities for lead generation and put your brand at the forefront of tech-savvy online/offline integration (impressive!).
Ready to turbo-charge your lead generation and take your ROI into hyper-drive?
Here’s the top resources you need:
This blog was originally posted on the Lead Forensics website. Read the original article here.