8 reasons to add online video to your marketing plans
1) You’ll be in good company. Just under a quarter of national brands already use online video to market to customers and three quarters of marketers are planning to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter and blog integration.
2) Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic. Make sure your website is fully optimised for mobile browsing to capitalise on the growth, not just in smartphone usage, but tablets too. Remember, customers will abandon the site if they have to wait too long for a page to load.
3) You probably already have video content you can effectively repurpose. Take a look at your existing content including YouTube promotions, webinars, product introductions and training videos and re-present it as a source of information and insight for customers.
4) Your online video can reflect your brand proposition. 52% of customers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in making an online purchase decision.
5) Video can help you build a loyal customer community. Make provision to market your online video across all channels. Customers will increasingly engage with you on social media, your company blog and website. Put the same effort into promoting your video as you would into other new content.
6) You can capitalise on the trend for sharing video. 92% of mobile video viewers share video content with others. Ensure you include memorable clips and a strong call to action that will prompt a response or online comments.
7) Online video can have more immediate impact as a marketing tool. Many B2B customers filter out email or phone marketing pitches, but your video has the potential to get past this if it appeals to a customer’s personal interests and can be delivered through a customised feed.
8) You are no longer restricted to dull; fact-driven content in B2B marketing and your online video can embrace this. Learn from some of the most engaging campaigns in the B2C market and make your videos memorable by adding humour for example.
With source help from: Kantar Media; Social Media Examiner; ByteMobile Mobile Analytics Report; Invodo.