You are here

Boo! 10 Scary Marketing Facts That’ll Send A Chill Down Your Spine

We know you think the link might be tenuous, but if it has anything to do with B2B marketing, we’ll write about it! And this year, we came across some truly terrifying marketing stats that are sure to give you a fright this Halloween.

1.       By the end of this decade, customers will manage 85% of their relationships without talking to a human being

2.       Only 35% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy

3.       Around 30% of email marketing companies frequently test their email campaigns

4.       In 2013, 42% of B2B marketers claimed they were “effective” at content marketing. This year, that figure stands at 38%

5.       Only one-fifth of B2B marketers deem themselves “successful” at tracking ROI

6.       Between 60-70% of B2B content created is never even used

7.       Nearly 80% of marketing leads never convert. The common cause of this poor performance? Lack of lead nurturing

8.       Around 32% of B2B marketers claim that finding trained content marketing professionals is a challenge

9.       Just 4% of B2B content marketers see themselves as “true masters of content marketers”. The remaining 96% are simply “doing” content marketing, but not at a professional level

10.     85% of B2B marketing leaders don’t connect content activity to business value, meaning they fail to retain customers and keep them loyal

Phew! That was scary. Do you have any B2B marketing horror stories of your own? We’d love to hear from you.