Entrepreneur Closes 37% of Investors using Inbound Method
- identify investors
- network to coordinate calls and meetings
- work 1:1 to create demand
This tried and tested approach produced somewhere in the region of a 5-10% close rate.
In his article Close A Round With New “Inbound” Techniques And Tools On AngelList Antony covers some of the things he wishes he’d known previously.
Based on Antony’s article and experience, here we focus on a three point ‘to-do’ list when considering fundraising using the inbound method:
- Run a campaign to generate inbound demand
- Apply the latest marketing technology and techniques
- Use a sales funnel to move from commitment to closing
Run an Inbound Campaign to Generate Demand:
‘The first and most important thing we did was to shift the way we thought about the fundraising from “outbound” sales to “inbound” marketing designed to generate demand.’