How Video Helps Your Business
Over 4 billion hours of video are viewed each month
- The average Internet user watches 186 videos a month according to comScore Inc.
- 60% of visitors watch video before they read text on the same web page
- 58% of visitors retain more information watching a video
- 68% of visitors share the video they’ve watched
- 64% of visitors are more likely to make a purchase than any other site visitor
- Videos in search results get 41% more clicks than text listings
- Websites with video are 53% more likely to be ranked first by Google.
- Video promotion is 6 times more effective than print and direct mail
- 48% of mobile users watch videos on their smart phone
- YouTube is the 2rd largest search engine in the world and 3rd largest website in the world
I should be able to stop here; for those figures alone should widen your eyes as to how much of an impact video can have on your business.
“Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I believe that video is worth millions of dollars in sales,” Sarah Yonover
Ads usually die out within a short period of time, but with online video they will continue to reap the benefits for years to come. Videos will also increase the duration that a person will spend on a web page; gaining you more site traffic. In addition Google brings up videos before text and photos in its search results. Online videos also have fewer restrictions, allowing you to do more.
Video has the unmatched ability to portray stories, convey knowledge, and evoke emotional response both visually and audibly. We are hungry for information but we want it fast. Reading a 15-20 minute article won’t do unless we have a long tube ride - we would rather watch a 2-3 minute video.
Video can create loyal customers, attract new ones, improve a customer’s experience, as well as educate a customer. It builds rapport and trust which, as research suggests, is when people experience such a positive emotion they think in terms of “we” instead of “me”. Here at Phink Productions we believe that using online video as a medium of communication can allow people to feel that they are part of the company and are more willing to accept the deal or purchase.
It is a wonderfully effective marketing tactic that will be constantly reaching new heights as we create and dream up new possibilities and ideas.
Video brings your company out of the black and white. It transports viewers into the heart of your company, giving it a voice and personality while allowing your audience to see who you are and what your passion is, as you demonstrate your authenticity.