Using Christmas To Promote Your Business
Christmas is just a matter of weeks away but we’re sure you already know that, after all it’s so close that you can probably smell those mince pies cooking and hear those carols being sung. But even though Christmas is just around the corner, it’s not too late to give your marketing a festive feel.
If you’re a retailer, we’re sure you began to capitalise on the Christmas weeks, even months ago, but if you provide services, perhaps not. It seems many service-based businesses neglect Christmas and the marketing opportunities it brings. Of course this shouldn’t be case.
Christmas is an ideal time to develop relationships by engaging with your customer base and providing them with information about your services. Depending on the service you provide you may be able to tie this in with the festive season, whether it is in the way of special Christmas offers or by assisting with Christmas preparations. If you’re an electrician for example, you could run an email campaign that stresses the importance of electrical safety over Christmas, or if you are a decorator you could run a campaign that focuses on those wishing to spruce up their home. As there are a few weeks left to work, this could lead to enquires this side of Christmas.
If you offer a service that you can’t exactly tie in with Christmas, all is not lost. The festive season is still a great time to engage with your customers, new and old. Since it’s the season of giving, why not think about giving something to your customers. Ideas to consider could include:
- Customised Christmas cards – even though we live in a digital age where messages can be sent and received instantly, there’s still something nice about receiving a printed Christmas card. Unlike an email, it will be there for all to read and may even be displayed, for this reason be sure to include all of your company contact details and a unique Christmas message
- Christmas eCard – for those who perhaps have a database of email addresses but no postal addresses, why not send out a Christmas card in electronic form? eCards are ideal as they give you the freedom to inject the personality of your brand and can be sent and received instantly. They are also a good option to consider when there isn’t enough time to design, print and send a printed Christmas card
- Promotions for the New Year – give your customers a gift they can redeem in the New Year, discount off your services in January works well. Spread this Christmas cheer by way of email and your social media channels
- A branded calendar or diary – ensure your business is visible to your customers all-year round by sending out a calendar or diary that they can display or use throughout 2014. Again be sure to include your contact details and also a short description of what you do for the benefit of others who may be viewing it
- Promotional gifts – If you have a larger budget, why not consider sending out promotional gifts to your customers? Whether this is items they can keep such as paperweights or pens, or items they can eat like chocolate Santas or candy canes, this always makes for a nice touch and a way to remember your business.
Image courtsey of: Kevin Dooley