Creative Agency Secrets uses FeedBlitz…..
- Firstly because they did RSS to email first before others offered the service.
- Secondly they were a client for a couple of years – we did a lot of copywriting for them.
- Thirdly they do not require double opt-in for new list imports (AWeber does).
- Fourthly they enable an autoresponder to end and then you can migrate people onto a mailing list from the autoresponder (so lists mutually build)
- Fifthly they allow you to pick a random subscriber for prize draws (very cute)
Downsides of FeedBlitz
Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor do most of these same features. I like the templates in these services better than FeedBlitz’ options. I also like the mail-as-many-times-as-you-like during a month with FeedBlitz where you pay once and just mail. Whereas Campaign Monitor charges $5 plus every time. But depending on your list size and mailing frequency other services may give you a better price. You can import a list but FeedBlitz insists on mailing the people and checking they know you’ve added them to a list before you can send messages to them. It has high anti standards. It doesn’t make creating and managing a large number of lists easy. This is because it’s principally a publishing/sharing platform not a mass email service. Happy to amplify further or give readers a guided tour inside the services we use most and some of the cute nice-to-have features like who your social media influencers are.