5 ways to generate leads virtually
Without physical events, it’s made generating leads a challenge for B2B marketers. Kavita Singh breaks down the five ways marketing and sales can generate leads virtually.
Host webinars on a regular basis
Webinars typically ask for key information for sales to use, such as name, organisation and job title. These insights will help sales pinpoint key customers and create an outreach plan for those prospects.
Moneypenny CMO Kate Cox says: “Webinars offer better opportunities for delegates to ask questions and interact with speakers. They cost less to attend for sponsors, require no travel or overnight stay and no expensive stands, gifts or marketing materials to be produced.”
Using webinars to establish your senior marketers as thought leaders can be used to distinguish your company from competitors. For the actual content, make sure you’re keeping it fresh and up to date, as Zoom and webinar burnout is a real issue.
Some ideas that Kate suggests for future webinars and events, include:
- Virtual networking technology, such as Hopin, allowing attendees and partners to meet each other informally.
- Ask questions prior to the webinars and answer them in the session to keep viewers engaged.
- Hire a key influencer to attend the event as a way of drawing crowds.
- Send drinks packs – alcoholic or not, depending on the time of day – to ensure people who have signed up attend.
- Develop fun competitions or quizzes to encourage delegates to visit virtual stands.