How marketers can prepare for a recession
When times are tough, marketing is one of the first departments under threat of cuts to budget or resources. Rebecca Ley explores how to demonstrate tangible value in an organisation under pressure
With the news cycle dominated by Brexit, it’s easy to get post-apocalyptic in your thinking. As the impact of leaving the EU remains unclear, many senior marketers will remember the impact the financial crisis a decade ago had on their business and the function. With three-quarters of US economists predicting a recession by 2021, and an uncertain and pessimistic outlook for the global economy, have any lessons been learned since 2008?
This feature has been written exclusively for our b2bmarketing.net members. Membership is free and only takes five minutes to complete, giving you access to find out the following:
- How to know your customers better and let marketing take the lead.
- Why a marketing makeover is crucial to get board buy-in.
- How to clearly demonstrate the value and ROI of marketing's work.
- Why data is so important to take control of change.
- 10 tips to prepare for a crisis.