LinkedIn reveals top influencers of 2016
LinkedIn has revealed its coveted annual list that ranks the top voices and thought leaders on its platform.
For the B2B marketing community, highlights include Tom Goodwin, EVP and head of innovation for Zenith Media; Dennis Williams, content marketing manager of Augment; and Jan Rezab, founder of Socialbakers.
On average, these voices received 64 times more comments, 52 times more likes, and 24 times more shares on their articles than average users. Each of LinkedIn’s top writers generated an average of 54,000 new follows this year.
The social network identified the following influencers as making the biggest impact in 2016:
- Mohamed El-Erian, chief economic advisor, Allianz
- Liz Ryan, founder and CEO, Human Workplace
- John Battelle, founder, EIC and CEO, NewCo
- Vivek Wadhwa, distinguished fellow, Carnegie Mellon University College of Engineering, Silicon Valley
- Jill Schlesinger, business analyst, CBS News
- Sallie Krawcheck, CEO and co-founder, Ellevest
- Ian Bremmer, president, Eurasia Group
- Jeff Selingo, author, There is Life After College
- David Sable, global CEO, Y&R
- Betty Liu, founder and CEO, Radiate Inc.
“All of them are worth following – whether they’re in your industry or not,” said Daniel Roth, executive editor at LinkedIn.
“These are people whose insights can help you start your own conversations, lead to new ways of thinking or provide lessons that you might not get elsewhere that can give you an edge."