NEWS: Advertising Week Europe launches campaign to inspire
Advertising Week Europe has unveiled its 2014 advertising campaign featuring leading industry and cultural figures, including Boris Johnson, Arianna Huffington and Sir John Hegarty revealing what inspires them.
Created by Karmarama, the campaign is based on the idea inspiration can come from anywhere. The activity is designed to drive awareness for Advertising Week Europe and raise the profile of the event, encouraging conversation within the advertising community.
Industry and cultural figures, and their inspirations, featured in the core campaign include:
- Beauty - Sir John Hegarty, founder, BBH
- The next generation - Lord Coe, chairman, British Olympic Association
- Crazy entrepreneurs - David Rowan, editor, WIRED
- Courage - Fru Hazlitt, managing director, ITV
- Innovation - Lord Sugar, chairman, Amshold Group
- The spirit and energy of London - Boris Johnson, mayor of London
- Women redefining success - Arianna Huffington, editor-in-chief, Huffington Post
Other industry luminaries including Cosmopolitan’s Joanna Coles, Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg and WPP’s Sir Martin Sorrell will also be featured in the campaign.
Matt Scheckner, Advertising Week Europe executive director, said: “Karmarama absolutely nailed it and we are proud and humbled to present many of the most inspirational figures in the industry and to have so many fantastic media partners which ensures the creative will envelope London.”