News: B2B Marketing Awards 2021 shortlist announced!
Hang on… do you sense something? It’s awards season, baby. The shortlist for this year’s B2B Marketing Awards has now been announced!
This year’s B2B Marketing Awards has a grand total of 28 categories, ranging from the inspiring ‘Best brand initiative’, all the way through to the prestigious ‘B2B marketer of the year’. So, who’s made it to the final round?
Gravity Global leads the way
Gravity Global has been nominated 19 times for its outstanding work across 11 categories, including: ‘Best multichannel campaign’; ‘Best use of digital techniques or technologies’; ‘Best use of content marketing’; and ‘Best brand initiative.’
The agency’s campaign with Embraer, The Profit Hunter, continues to have a strong presence at this year’s awards, being shortlisted seven times.
twogether set for a big year
twogether is also set for a busy night at the B2B Marketing Awards on 24 November, as it has been shortlisted 13 times across nine categories, including: ‘Best use of customer insight’; ‘Most commercially successful campaign’; ‘Best corporate decision-maker-targeted campaign’; and ‘Best use of account-based marketing (ABM).’
The agency has been shortlisted for these nine categories for its work with Salesforce, Ellucian, Sigfox, O2 Business, Hitachi Vantara, Samsung, and more.
Earnest, Harvard and Really B2B also aiming for gold
Whilst Gravity Global and twogether are currently leading the pack, Earnest, Harvard and Really B2B are all also looking to win Gold on the night of the awards, as they have all been shortlisted five or six times apiece for their outstanding work.
The Croc sets sights on six Gold awards
The Croc has also made a huge statement at this year's awards, being shortlisted for six awards. The agency's work for Sohonet, 'Realise your vision', has been shortlisted for: 'Best multichannel campaign'; 'Best use of creative'; 'Best use of content marketing'; 'Best use of thought leadership'; and 'Best use of customer insight'.
In addition to this, The Croc has also been shortlisted for 'B2B marketing communications agency of the year'.
More submissions for outstanding ABM work than ever before
For this year’s awards, we are pleased to announce that we have received more submissions for the Best use of ABM category that ever before. Clearly, ABM is continuing to gain popularity amongst B2B marketers as a strategy for engaging and closing those high-value accounts. Whilst we’re on the topic of ABM, why not check out the upcoming ABM Conference, which will be a hybrid event on 2–4 November 2021.
Brand also sees a surges in submissions
But it’s not just ABM that has seen more submissions than previously. Over the past year, brand has received renewed interest and appreciation by B2B marketers and their peers in other departments. As audiences are increasingly interested in giving their business to companies that they align with, brand (and brand purpose in particular) has seen renewed focus.
With that in mind, it’s not surprising that the ‘Best brand initiative’ category has received more submissions than last year.
Speaking on the matter, Shane Redding, chair of the judges for this year’s awards, and the Propolis Hive expert for Strategy & Evolution, said: “There is strong evidence that the pandemic created a budget shift, with B2B marketers choosing to invest in brand marketing. I have no doubt that those shortlisted in this category will be amongst those seeing the strongest growth rates in the next year.”
Propolis members in the running for success
Just getting shortlisted alone is an achievement, but a handful of our Propolis members will be hoping they manage to go all the way and clinch the Gold at this year’s awards:
- Protolabs has been shortlisted for ‘Best use of thought leadership.’
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has been shortlisted for ‘Best channel marketing initiative.’ Laura Seymour, senior director, partner marketing and operations, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, commented: “We are honoured and excited to be named as a finalist in the B2B Marketing Awards. HPE is dedicated to the success of our channel partners, and HPE Marketing Pro is a key component to that commitment. Having the industry acknowledge this initiative is something to be proud of for our entire HPE Partner Marketing team.”
- HCL Technologies has been shortlisted for ‘Best employee engagement programme.’
- Blick Rothenberg has been shortlisted for ‘B2B marketing team of the year.’ Commenting on their inclusion in the shortlist, Sarah Donnelly, marketing director at Blick Rothenberg, said: “We are over the moon that our talented, hard-working and fun team has been shortlisted for B2B Marketing Team of the Year. Each and every team member has played a unique role in our overall success and for this to be recognised by the judges is incredibly rewarding!”
- Amy Williams, head of marketing at NHS Property Services, has been shortlisted for ‘B2B marketer of the year.’ Speaking on her inclusion in the shortlist, Amy said: "‘It’s a real honour to be shortlisted in the B2B Marketing Awards. To be recognised by the judges is really exciting and testament to the great work we have delivered in some of the most challenging of times. Good luck to all of the nominees and I look forward to celebrating with everyone!"
- KPMG has been shortlisted for 'Best use of live, digital and/or hybrid events'. Speaking on their inclusion, Sam Burns, CMO, KPMG UK, said: We’re delighted that KPMG’s ‘New reality for business leaders’ digital event series has been recognised in the B2B Marketing Awards. It was really important for us to be there for our clients and support them in whatever we could during the pandemic and it has been fantastic to see so many inspirational business leaders share their learnings and wisdom alongside us. We’re proud the audience response continues to be so positive to it.”
Shane Redding added: “It is heartening to see increasing numbers of clients invest the time to enter these awards to celebrate the outstanding work that their teams have delivered in one of the hardest times we have ever experienced. It shows a great deal about the culture of those organisations and will no doubt help attract the very best talent, as marketers want to join winning teams.”
Want to find out more about Propolis? Learn more here.