Sales and marketing alignment training
Why sales and marketing alignment is so critical
High levels of effective collaboration and cooperation between sales and marketing are critial for your account-based marketing programmes to succeed.
And it's not just about your ABM. According to IDC, more than 10% of business revenue is lost due to poor sales and marketing alignment.
This masterclass will help you and your marketing team develop an effective, water-tight strategy for collaborating, communicating and working with sales to make your ABM programme a success.
* Click here to turn this 1 day training course into 2 days of insight and in-depth understanding with a 2 day pass at our ABM conference 2019!
What you’ll learn on this full day account-based marketing training course:
- Are you ready? Learn how to assess your account-based marketing maturity, so you can create an actionable plan.
- How to create your own sales and marketing lead dictionary so everyone is speaking the same language.
- Learn how to identify the right target accounts.
- Find out how to unlock the insights that only sales have and understand how to apply them in your marketing campaigns.
As well as helping you embed the right longer-term strategic framework for sales and marketing to work together, there will be plenty of quick wins you can use right away that can make a difference this quarter!
What you’ll discover:
- Culture kills! Understand how your company culture can support or kill an ABM programme. Benchmark your business against the best and the worst and learn what best practice really means.
- The importance of internal marketing to stakeholders.
- Whose customer is it anyway? Selecting the right accounts for ABM, whether existing or new.
- What kind of content and resources are the sales team looking for? How do they use them? Is it what the customer needs, or wants?
- What technology do you have to support ABM? Is it fit for purpose and what are the data implications of ABM? Learn what kind of platforms can be utilised, and what are the implications for existing systems such as marketing automation.
- How to get feedback and refine your account-based marketing programme using sales insights.
- What your peers are doing - learn from real-world examples, and award winner case studies.
Who should attend?
Ideal for mid-level marketing managers to directors, this training is valuable for those who wish to gain a firm grounding in B2B sales and marketing alignment whether already using account-based marketing and have hit a few roadblocks, or about to start an ABM programme
What past participants say about this course:
"Great trainer, detailed expertise, extremely valuable."
"Great, lots of good examples and lots of content."
Head of marketing, Blippar
"Good use of time. Shane is an excellent trainer."
Marketing director, Cisco
"Very interesting and hugely useful, I'm going to put the learning into action right away."
Assocate director, Weber Shandwick
"Very good course! In fact some new hires will be sent as compulsory."
Commercial strategy manager, Pulse & Transmission
"Really interesting, lots to think about- really worthwhile."
Marketing manager, OSISOFT
Shane is an independent consultant with over 30 years' international B2B direct & digital marketing experience. Shane provides strategic consultancy and practical training to both end users and DM suppliers; clients include Lexis Nexis, ITV plc, Telefonica, Sika Services AG and the IDM. Specialising in data, databases and analysis, Shane enjoys helping large and small businesses use integrated marketing to significantly improve the bottom line. Increasingly, Shane’s time is spent on advising large business transformation projects such as MA and customer experience.
In addition to her consultancy business, Shane also holds a number of non-executive directorships and board advisory roles including Livingstone Partners, SharkGate, and Consumer Intelligence.
Shane has an honorary fellowship at the Institute of Direct Marketing and was awarded Educator of the Year in 2015. She also lectures worldwide on topics including CRM, lead generation, and B2B analysis; as well as international marketing. She is the past chair of the IDM's B2B council, industry roles have included vice chair of FEDMA, UK DMA board director, and sales and marketing director of Mardev (a Reed Elsevier company).