Senior marketing researcher
This role is exclusively for UK based applicants.
A cover letter is required from all applicant to best understand the reason you would like to join B2B Marketing and to better highlight transferable skills
Senior Market Researcher
Location: London, EC1
Salary: £32-40k DoE
A bit about us:
B2B Marketing started life in 2004 as a magazine for business-to-business marketers, keeping them up to date with the best campaigns, latest news and inspirational interviews. Since then, we have added conferences, awards programmes, webinars, articles/blogs, podcasts and training to our repertoire, gradually moving away from the print magazine.
Today, we are now the number one go-to resource for B2B marketers across the globe. Right from the start, we had a clear mission that remains as strong and clear today: to provide marketers at business brands with the tools, insight and inspiration they need to grow and succeed – as both individuals and businesses. We're proud to serve as the focal point for the B2B marketing sector, and a force for greater connectivity, enabling marketers and leaders to share experiences and learn from one another. We’re a friendly company, jammed with expertise, drive and commitment – and we take pride in the relationships we’ve developed over the years within the global B2B industry.
In 2021, we launched Propolis – an award-winning, members-only, online community intelligence platform, for world-class professional development. With Propolis, you and every member of your marketing team have exclusive, direct access to trusted, independent industry consultants, intelligence and expertise, helping you develop a high-performance marketing team that smashes targets and delivers outstanding results. Propolis includes our very best content.
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Senior Market Researcher will be responsible for gathering qualitative and quantitative data on various aspects of B2B marketing, and creating a number of ‘benchmarking hubs’ within Propolis. The Senior Market Researcher will not only collect and present this data, but analyse it for our members as well.
The purpose of these hubs is to enable our users to understand where they are ahead of the curve, and where they are lagging behind their competitors. Our suite of products within Propolis will then allow members to improve upon the areas that need attention.
In addition to this, the Senior Market Researcher will assist in the creation of various ‘technical content’ within
Propolis (i.e. workflows, diagrams, models, etc). This will involve regular liaison with our panel of in-house senior marketing experts, assisting them in the creation of said content.
- Build and launch surveys, which are promoted by our in-house marketing team.
- Work with third-party market research organisations where necessary to collect quantitative data.
- Assist in briefing, setting up and conducting qualitative interviews, to help provide a more nuanced view of a given topic.
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data, and work with the Head of Content to ensure the data and key takeaways are clear to our members (this role will require a strong writing ability).
- Present data using visualisation tools to distil complex analysis and clearly communicate the outcomes.
- Work with the Head of Content to establish what content and benchmarking data we should be creating to meet our members’ needs.
- Create technical content (models, frameworks, workflows etc) that provides our members with actionable steps they can take to improve their marketing.
- Contribute to the level of engagement on Propolis by proactively posing questions to members, or responding to member questions where relevant.
- A Senior Market Researcher with proven experience, ideally with knowledge of the B2B marketing industry.
- A strong writer – someone capable of taking complex data and turning it into something readable and easily accessible for our audience.
- Proven analytical and data visualisation skills.
- Experience and confidence liaising with and interviewing senior professionals (i.e. C-suite)
- Ideally, familiar with the core themes of marketing today: strategy & evolution; growth; CX; data insights and intelligence; marketing operations and process; teams, resourcing and D&I; execution and campaigns; brand and content strategy. Although this is not essential.
- Finger on the pulse, who can keep their ear to the ground on the latest hot topics in the marketing sector.
- Capable of working with designers to build/create content.
- A positive, problem-solving attitude with a willingness to work through challenges as they arise.
- Competitive salary
- Working week split between office and home working (two set office days)
- Enhanced holiday
- Amazing colleagues
- Staff and charity events
If you are excited by this opportunity, please send your CV with a covering letter to Jennie.firstname.lastname@example.org outlining what appeals to you about the Senior market researcher position and what you could bring to the role.