Social media content manager
Job description: Digital and social content manager
Job Type: Full-time
A little bit about us
You’ll find us an enthusiastic, supportive and loyal bunch to work with. We’re very team focused; we take a huge pride in our success, in our brand and in one another.
We support over 250,000 members to make informed decisions, develop their skills, connect with peers and open new business opportunities. We offer the full solution to driven, ambitious marketing teams in B2B.
What is this role all about?
The social content media manager is responsible for management and development of activity on core social media channels with the aim of driving engagement, building audience, increasing web traffic and ultimately driving website registrations. They will sit between the marketing and content teams, helping both to meet shared objectives and providing insights and analysis to improve impact and effectiveness. They will also help support the development social media competencies and understanding across the wider business.
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
- Help drive B2B Marketing’s SEO, Google search rankings, and organic web traffic, by building high value backlinks to the B2B Marketing site through active and passive engagement with key content and social media partners
- Help drive our SEO and social-driven traffic by actively engaging with key content sharers and influencers
- Help drive our SEO through understanding, championing and executing SEO best practices across our websites
- Help drive our production of highly shareable content through working closely with the content team including blogging partners, to provide data driven recommendations for content by keyword, topic and headline
- Help drive web traffic and free membership registrations by increasing the reach and consumption of our externally submitted blog content through blog content commissioning, curation and aggregation.
- Support and drive event and training ticket sales though earned and paid social media campaigns
- Identify best ROI opportunities for paid social media tactics and optimise campaign spend to maximise ROI
Key resonsibilities and accountabilities:
- Development and management of an overall social media plan, providing clarity on activity, priorities and success metrics/criteria.
- Management of accounts on core social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram) across all business areas (unless otherwise specified) and providing support/amplification for activity by team members in different departments. This includes both outbound posting of new content/activities and engagement/responding to dialogue in and around our activities.
- To manage and report on paid social, aimed at improving performance and value for money.
- Management and curation of LinkedIn and Facebook social media groups.
- Website management including uploading content, adding links, improving SEO and generating creative assets
- Proactive management and development of an external blogger programme, responding to blogger enquiries, commissioning and briefing blog posts and daily uploading of approved posts (4-5 external blogs per week)
- Advising on content creation (internal and external) through feedback analysis keywords, topics and headlines.
- Developing and managing an influencer programme, in order build SEO and increase traffic
- Building backlinks through proactive and reactive engagement with content and media partners, in order to drive SEO
- Create and schedule daily original posts on LI, Twitter and FB
- Identify and repurpose and post, or re-post high engagement on LI and Twitter and 1 per day on FB
- Create assets for all posts including copy and imagery
- Identify and connect with/follow key social influencers who have relevant networks for our target audiences
- Execute engagement tactics to deliver a target number of reshares of key content per week.
- Identify and advise on highly shared audience related content topics using social media analytics tools
Tracking and reporting
- Use event and ROI tracking and provide weekly reporting on clicks, shares and conversions (plus other agreed KPIs)
- Based on all the above content, activity and results, schedule paid social posts within an agreed weekly budget, across LI, FB and Twitter using multiple relevant approaches, e.g. targeting, retargeting, lookalikes.
- Report weekly on the most effective content, channel and approach and focus further budget accordingly.
Social influencer marketing
- Identify and actively reach out to an agreed list of influencers to drive agreed engagement KPIs
Blog content: commissioning, curation, editing and aggregating
- Posting 5 external blogs per week, in line with our content strategy
Key metrics associated with the position:
- Target number of shares per month, per social network
- Target number of new backlinks per month
- Target number of shares by influencer network members
- Target network growth rate, per platform/network
- Target number of active bloggers and quality posts per week
- Target number of website visitors and visits
Here, at B2B, there is lots of opportunity for professional growth.
If you are interested in the position please send the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter
- Your CV
- Examples of your written work and/or links to the social pages you manage