Building a Lead Generation Programme
Generate better leads, nurture them more effectively and hand them over to the sales team when they are ripe for conversion. We will get you there by refining or creating your lead generation strategy
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, participants will be equipped with a firm understanding and application of:
- The role of demand generation in the modern organisation, and the evolving relationship between marketing and sales
- Lead generation – how to optimise your lead flow, increasing quality and quantity, using different techniques to generate engagements
- Lead nurturing – how to nurture leads through a process towards conversion
- Lead scoring – how to understand the value of a lead, and it's propensity to convert
- Creating and refining a scoring system, agreeing terminology between marketing and sales
- Using content effectively – for both lead nurturing and generation; different formats performing different roles
- ROI and measurement - putting a value on leads; measurement and KPIs for marketing, how to relate these to revenue, the value of pipeline, the value of business closed
- Future development – the role of revenue performance management
Who should attend
This course is ideal for experienced senior marketing managers or executives who need to explore lead generation at a more advanced level.
We can also deliver this course in-house, and tailor the content to your goals. Get in touch to discuss your particular requirements.
Shane is an independent consultant with over 30 years international business to business direct & digital marketing experience. Shane provides strategic consultancy and practical training to both end users and DM suppliers; clients include Lexis Nexis, ITV plc, Telefonica, Sika Services AG and the IDM. Specialising in data, databases and analysis, Shane enjoys helping large and small businesses use integrated marketing to significantly improve the bottom line. Increasingly Shane’s time is spent on advising on large business transformation projects such as Marketing Automation and Customer Experience.
In addition to her consultancy business, Shane also holds a number of non-executive directorships and board advisory roles including Livingstone Partners, SharkGate, and Consumer Intelligence.
Shane has an honorary fellowship of the Institute of Direct Marketing and was awarded Educator of the Year in 2015. She also lectures worldwide on topics including CRM, lead generation, and B2B analysis; as well as international marketing. She is the past chair of the IDM's b2b council, industry roles have included vice chair of FEDMA, UK DMA board director, and sales and marketing director of Mardev (a Reed Elsevier company).