We're recruiting for an Event Executive
What are we looking for?
B2B Marketing is looking for an ambitious and experienced event executive to help deliver our extensive events programme.
You'll be joining the B2B Marketing events team at an exciting time of transformational change, with the launch of new products, rollout of new technology and expansion into new markets and territories. We’ll be looking to you to play a key role in the team of helping us drive and build on the success of these changes.
Reporting to the senior events manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing events projects from the initial brief to on-site management and delivery.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delegate management including pre- and on-site registration
- Liaising with sponsors and speakers throughout the delivery process
- Production and delivery of event packs, supporting materials and agendas etc
- Supporting event managers on the execution and delivery of conferences, exhibitions and award ceremonies
- Working closely with third-party suppliers
- Ensuring that project plans and timelines are adhered to
- Dealing and being aware of budgets and tracking of costs
- Feeding in to the marketing communication plans to drive delegate sales through a range of marketing channels
- Offering general support to the events managers and demonstrating a willingness to undertake responsibilities associated with being an assistant event manager.
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level (although not essential)
- Have event management experience (minimum two years)
- Have strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrate good attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure
- Have a proactive and pragmatic attitude and show willingness to take responsibility for all and any challenges required to get the job done
- Have some knowledge of integrated marketing campaigns across the full marketing mix (although not essential).
A bit about you
You’ll be a creative, outgoing and energetic, events person, who is excellent at copywriting, social media savvy, cool under pressure and confident in multi-tasking. You’ll be full of ideas and always looking for new ones. You’ll be ambitious and focused on proving yourself pretty quickly to be an instrumental member of the team.
A bit about us
We’re the leading international resource for B2B marketers. Our membership, training and events support over 250,000 marketers worldwide to make more informed decisions, develop professionally and create more business opportunities.
What are we like to work for?
We’re great! Okay, to elaborate on ‘great’, you’ll find us enthusiastic, supportive and fun – with an active team social life and shared culture of working together to make exciting things happen. Check out our Instagram, our About Us page and Our Team page to find out more.
Does this sound like you? Then please apply by emailing your CV with a bespoke covering note.