Leaders Roundtable: The future of client and agency relationships
While the day-to-day work of our inhouse teams are the backbone of our marketing efforts, we still to rely on more specialist skills from time to time. This could be a spark of inspiration, tech onboarding expertise, or building a new operation, tactic or channel from the ground up until you’re ready to hold the reins without them.
However, this relationship isn’t always easy. It can take many attempts to get the right ideas, costs can spiral if unmonitored, and a frayed relationship and poor exit strategies can spoil all of the good work done before it.
How can we as leaders make best use of the plethora of options for outside help to fully achieve your goals?
In this roundtable we will discuss:
- The role of the leader in briefing an agency.
- The value of generalists versus specialists.
- How to make the most of an agency without becoming too reliant on them.
- The warning signs that an agency relationship is deteriorating.
- The things we wished agencies would stop doing