A bit about us:
B2B Marketing has successfully evolved from a print publisher into a community intelligence business. Community Intelligence means providing B2B Marketers with access to expert advice and education, peer to peer learning and market intelligence via in person/online events and digital community throughout the year.
Our member community Propolis sits at the heart of our strategy with our in-person conferences, awards, training and bespoke marketing services providing key moments when we bring the B2B Marketing industry together throughout the year. We operate in EMEA and the US.
B2B Marketing are looking to accelerate growth in the next three years through further development and execution of a Propolis-centred product strategy. Reporting to the CEO, the Product Director will lead this effort for EMEA and the US. The Product Director will lead product strategy and execution encompassing Propolis and how this integrates with our wider portfolio of in person events and training.
The Product Director will have a deep and intuitive understanding of the B2B sector and ideally have experience in B2B Marketing.
Content and community are at the heart of our product offering. Consequently, experience in content, particularly the development of data products, as well as community strategy are essential to the role.
- Shape and evolve B2B Marketing’s product vision, strategy, execution and measurement in line with company strategy, with a primary focus on Propolis
- Define product market fit, develop a commercial product strategy, continuing to build membership and audiences to international scale
- Ultimate ownership and management of the Propolis P&L
- Oversee the ongoing strategy and delivery of the Propolis Community Index, B2B Marketing’s first data product, a benchmarking tool based on a live data set
- Track and report on metrics aligned with business operations and strategy and report these to the Board
- Line management of Content, Customer Success and Product / Community Management teams
- Work in close partnership with Head of Sales and Head of Marketing to ensure product strategy is aligned to commercial goals and is supported by clear a GTM plan and campaigns
- Oversee member and customer research to ensure product plans are aligned with customer pain points and objectives
- Work with Revenue Operations Manager to develop the technology and data infrastructure to support Product Strategy
- Own product roadmap to drive product development, which can also be used by Sales and Marketing to highlight current and future features as well as customer value
Key Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in leading product strategy and execution in a content and community environment
- Experience in working with customers to understand pain points, Jobs to be done and translating these into product strategy
- Experience in managing internal teams as well as third party stakeholders to ensure high performance and consistently quality output
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to address issues with tact and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic which demonstrates an appreciation for punctuality, reliability, and a desire to achieve results,
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change
- Team-player who contributes to success of the immediate team and B2B Marketing as a whole
- 10-15% discretionary performance bonus
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible working – three office days, two days remote
- Company charity days
- Regular company socials